Job Title: Study Medical Doctor
Organisation: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Director of MSF Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) /Epicentre is a Non-governmental organization created in 1987 to help improve the quality of its field interventions. Since 1996, Epicentre has been a World Health Organization (WHO) collaborating centre for research in epidemiology and response to emerging diseases. MSF/Epicentre’s work hinges around three main activity areas: clinical research, field epidemiology and training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the PIs in the implementation of the studies and ensuring that procedures are followed according to protocol.
· The jobholder will validate all inclusions in the studies by checking the inclusion criteria and the absence of contra indication.
· Actively participate in the clinical assessment of the patients at inclusion.
· The incumbent will ensure that all clinical and biological testing required by the study have been done at inclusion and during the follow-up.
· Ensure that the case report form CRF is correctly filled at inclusion and during the follow-up.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the MSF/Epicentre Director at appropriate time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB.)
· Full registration with the Uganda Medical and dental Practitioners' Council (UMDPC), current practicing license.
· Good clinical practice certificate.
· Clinical experience in internal medicine and/ or Infectious Diseases and/or Respiratory Medicine.
· Previous experience in clinical research preferred.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of MS Office
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to hand deliver their application package (CV, application letter and copies of their academic / work certificates) to:
Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre,
P. O. Box 1956, Mbarara
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th November 2016 by 5:30 pm (Start Date: 14th November, 2016)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline