Job Title: Receptionist/Secretary
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference Code: EAU-103184-JN
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is known for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border professional services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region - and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East African market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: As a Receptionist/Secretary, you will be a valuable resource, charged with the following:
- Receive clients and visitors and notify relevant department/staff members of their arrival;
- Receive telephone messages and advise staff or clients;
- Ascertain that the reception area is kept tidy at all times and that necessary publications are available at the reception;
- Receive and record incoming hand deliveries, sign for them, and place in intrays for dispatch to the different departments and staff;
- Actively coordinate and establish priorities of urgent dispatches from all departments;
- Accurate and quality typing and password processing output for specific professionals, or as directed by the Department Head;
- Compile schedules for the supplier's bills and all the travel and courier recharges for the finance department;
- File documents as may be required;
- Regular ordering, collection and control stationery;
- File documents as may be required by the Department Head.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Receptionist job opportunity must hold a Diploma in either Secretarial Studies, Public Administration, or related field;
- One year's experience in a reception role
- At least credit in English;
- Keen interest and commitment to working as a Receptionist/Secretary;
- Possess the ability to manage processes, maintain accurate records, interpret/analyze a wide variety of data and identify/resolve activity problems;
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner;
- Be personable and dependable;
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficient in MS Office applications;
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join one of the World’s prestigious audit firms, Deloitte, please feel free to visit the e-recruitment website below.
Deadline: 16th March 2015