Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Barclays Product Assistant will;
- Actively support the product manager in the day today product management, development and sales.
- Perform day today running of operational activities involved in product management like fees collection, product system parametization etc.
- Manage the local Barclays Product range for Retail customers, ensuring the business remains competitive while achieving its stated income targets
- Understand Barclays competitive position for each product category (e.g. Assets; Liabilities) and sector of the market to make recommendations in respect of local pricing and local market potential
- Act as the major point of contact on product issues for local sales and marketing teams
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business Direction (50%):
- The incumbent will have principal responsibility for zero tolerance to any form of income leakage by ensuring no debits on income GLs, branch collection of manual fees and that the system is charging as per tariff guide.
- Attend to all branch customer queries in accordance with LIMME by timely providing feedback and appropriate solutions.
- Monitor and provide feedback to centre on local competitor product activity, including pricing
- Undertake product legal and regulatory assessment as required
- Research and propose suggestions on how best the business can optimally utilise the MIS from a product development and pricing perspective.
- Provide and analyse product income data for Local and Centre management information
- Co-ordinate production of a uniform Tariff for Retail customers, which is easily understood by customers and staff and easy to administer.
- Co-ordinate any system changes including product parametization in accordance with policies and procedures governing product system implementation.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by your line manager.
2. Business Management 30%
- Manage the product communication process to the sales team to avoid product mis -sells
- Oversee the process for interest rate changes in line with Central guidelines and governance
- Monitor adherence and compliance to all sorts of product approvals needed to launch a given product, rectifying errors where identified.
- Work with Retail Sales teams to ensure appropriate product sales processes are in place
- Offer business input for implementation of new products by:
- Engaging relevant stakeholders
- Building a business case
- Managing the development process where required
- Completing all local product testing
- Building a detailed local implementation plan
- Closely monitoring local implementation
- Give necessary notices to local government/regulators and public of product and price changes
- Work closely with Local Operations Centres, regularly reviewing all operational standards for product profitability, and identifying skills gaps.
- Review and feedback into customer satisfaction surveys, responding to customer product complaints.
- Liaise with People Development and Sales Management functions to design and deliver appropriate training, and give input into sales strategies.
3. Relationship Management 20%: Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Business functions as well as Communication Managers and the PR function.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Barclays Group products.
- A detailed understanding of product offerings in the wider financial services industry.
- A detailed knowledge of Barclays Africa strategy and policies
- Detailed knowledge of consumer buying behaviour, marketing techniques and evolving trends
- Good understanding of customer segmentation theory and practice.
- A detailed understanding of industry, advisory, regulatory and professional bodies
- Good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery
- Detailed knowledge of constructing reports, executive summaries and briefs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills for calculation of statistics needed in performance tracking
- Past exposure and experience in basics of Project management
- Computer literacy skills especially excel, word & PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Click Here -> Job Number (Type 00155668)
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th April, 2014