Job Title: Reception Centre Assistant
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Centre Supervisor
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Reception Centre Assistant will support the quality, timely implementation of transit centre management activities in compliance with DRC standards and budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with URDMC team to ensure that the 3 days hot meal provision at reception center /settlement level is done effectively
- Regularly CHECK the Reception Centre to ensure that there is enough space for accommodation for POCs
- The incumbent will also coordinate with protection staff of DRC, OPM and UNHCR in explaining to the new arrivals the process of relocation to settlements
- Liaise with DRC protection and Community Service staff to provide special attention to UAM/SCs and persons with specific needs (PSNs) such as disabled and elderly persons.
- Coordinate with DRC /LWF Protection /Community service staff for the receipt of the relocated Persons of Concern at Reception /Settlement, especially PSNs.
- Tasked with recording and Sharing of the Relocation Information actual and against target for onward submission.
- Coordinate with DRC, OPM and UNHCR staff to assist the new arrivals to Board BUSES/TRUCKS by calling their names and checking their presence as per the relocation list.
- Supervision of casual workers especially those assisting in Loading of Luggage and Shelter Pole distribution
- Prepare and submit timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Contribute to project planning, development of proposals and lessons learned processes
- Prepare and submit weekly action plan to the supervisor
- Perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisor in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Reception Centre Assistant job placement should hold a University degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing environmental conservation-related activities.
- Previous experience of managing and supervising staff.
- Prior exposure and experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Ability to work in the field and should hold a Valid Riding license
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area (Adjumani) is an asset is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
- All applications should be sent to email@example.com clearly indicating position name in the subject line.
Deadline: 12th April 2017
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline