Job Title: Administration Officer
Organization: Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG)
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” We envision a Ugandan society with good life, when products and services in Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria and Child Health are accessible, affordable and effectively utilized by all those in need. Our Mission is “To improve the quality of life of Ugandans, through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions.” Our Core Values are; Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
About USAID Project:
UHMG was awarded the USAID/Uganda Social Marketing Activity, a four-year cooperative agreement for a health sector-wide program. The program’s goal is to contribute to a reduction in new HIV infections, total fertility, maternal and child mortality, malnutrition and malaria, and to improve access to family planning. This four-year activity aims to improve utilization of and increase the uptake of health-related social marketing products and services among under-served Ugandan consumers and communities in rural and urban areas.
Job Summary: The Administration Officer will provide professional and general office administration support to the USAID Project in line with the human resource, financial, and operational policies and guidelines, while ensuring value for money, efficiency and effectiveness. This will include overseeing the operations of the Logistics Assistants (Drivers), Front Desk Assistant, and Office Assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure a conducive and secure working environment for project staff, and that Occupational Health and Safety Standards are maintained and adhered to.
· The incumbent will also keep all project key documents and intellectual property safe, and ensure they are filed in an orderly and timely manner.
· Organize project meetings and program events in liaison with the supervisor.
· Update and maintain proper stock for office supplies, and ensure all requisitions for stationery are properly documented and endorsed by the requisitioners.
· Carry out bi-annual stock counts of the fixed assets, stationery, sundries, and consumables, and compile a report to the supervisor.
· Maintain an updated assets inventory in liaison with the Finance Manager, and update the fixed asset register on a regular basis whenever assets are procured, or moved from one user to another.
· The incumbent will also ensure office assets are engraved, insured and kept safe/secure.
· Ensure the timely repairs and maintenance of the project office premises and equipment.
· Reserve venues for the meetings, and keep a log of all meetings planned and held.
· Coordinate the office, field, and international travel requirements of the project.
· Coordinate all transport requirements in liaison with the Transport Officer, and ensure proper vehicle fleet management, including timely services and repairs, fuel management, and adherence to the vehicle policy by drivers and passengers.
· Train and manage the Logistics Assistants (Drivers), Front Desk Assistant, and Office Assistants of the Project, and ensure all functions under their care are performed satisfactorily.
· Carry out timely performance appraisals for staff supervised.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID Administration Officer vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field a must.
· Possession of a Post graduate Diploma in Management will be an added advantage.
· Certificate and knowledge in Office Management, Personnel Management, Procurement, Record Keeping, or related subjects.
· A minimum of four years’ relevant experience working in the field of administration in a donor environment.
· The job requires a self-driven, seasoned, and experienced person with skills to manage and oversee these technical areas.
· The applicant should have the capacity to work under minimum supervision, and maintain a clean administrative and transparent system while adhering to set procedures.
· Previous experience working with USAID programs will be an added advantage
· Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases, with hands-on experience required
· Highly motivated, focused, disciplined professional, with the drive and dynamism to work under pressure with competing deadlines, and possess the ability to make an immediate impact.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and result-oriented skills, and experience in managing objectives with the customer in mind.
· Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tactful, ability to plan, organize and measure outcomes of interventions.
· Exemplary and honest, with a high level of energy and integrity, and able to work under minimum supervision.
· Flexible, innovative, with good record keeping, communication, presentation, report-writing, and interpersonal skills.
· S/he should be detail- and results-oriented, have strong conceptual, analytical, and reporting skills, with expertise in information gathering, analysis and timely reporting, be proactive in instituting innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective interventions, and work dedicatedly to fulfill the organization’s goals, while upholding the Core Values of UHMG
· Be a good team player with the ability to make positive contributions.
How to Apply:
If you believe you match the requirements listed above, please deliver your resume (CV), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”
The Human Resource Manager,
Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd. (UHMG),
Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda. Kampala. Uganda
Or Deliver the application documents to the UHMG Office Reception.
Deadline: Monday, 30th November 2015 by 16:00 hours (East African time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline