Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Announcement No: FRUGA/XXX/02/2014
The global mandate of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts - to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Job Summary: The United Nations FAO Logistics Assistant will primarily be responsible for all logistics coordination for its office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guarantee that all hard and soft copy inventory records are up to date and that Physical Inventory Records in GRMS are accurate and verified for signature by the FAOR prior to submission to CSF as requested.
- Actively coordinate the logistics of project inputs delivery and develop simple records system to collate and file information on handover of all project inputs to beneficiaries or government counterpart for each project by the Kampala office or by Field offices, including deliveries directly from supplier to beneficiaries.
- Responsible for custody of stores items in the Kampala office and maintaining stores of office supplies in orderly condition including: keep records of supplies received in store and issued there from; maintain stock cards for each item and advise procurement unit in good time of need for replacement orders.
- Ensure that all fixed assets of the organization are correctly and completely recorded in GRMS and COIN, (additions, custodian, related project, asset identifier) and that disposals are correctly and promptly carried out in accordance with FAO procedures and donor requirements and that transfer documents are recorded in GRMS and COIN.
- Update and maintain complete and orderly files for all fixed assets, including PO, Invoice, handover documents to custodian and final disposal. Manage and file legal registration books of all vehicles and motor cycles and follow correct procedure for legal handover on final disposal.
- Assist the field operations and implementation of programme in all aspects of logistics to ensure smooth operation
- Perform physical fixed asset verifications, including noting condition and replacement schedule as required by HQs.
- Intuitively analyze motor vehicle movements in GPS reports on a monthly basis and report exceptions to management.
- Monitor Motor vehicle maintenance costs and advise management on the expenditure trends.
- Monitor fuel usage based on VIVO invoicing, vehicles logs and report to Management on average fuel usage of each vehicle each quarter.
- Manage the receiving of all the supplies at the Kampala office together with the other technical persons or the requesters.
- Ensure that the office building is well maintained and meets all the UNDSS standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a good University degree in Procurement, Business/Accounting, stores management, or a related field.
- At least a year’s professional experience in logistics and stores management in a reputable organisation.
- Proven ability to equip others with the knowledge in logistics and stores management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of any major local language. Knowledge of other internationally recognized languages is of an added value
- Proven knowledge in vehicle fleet management.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Working knowledge of computer programmes (Like; Ms Word, Ms. Access, Ms. Excel)
How to Apply:
All Ugandan nationals who are suitably qualified are encouraged to send their applications together with detailed curriculum vita and copies of certificates in a sealed envelope, quoting Vacancy Announcement no. addressed to Chairman, Recruitment Committee, Food and Agriculture Organization in Uganda. The envelopes should be registered at reception and placed in the box at reception of the FAO offices at Plot 88 Buganda Road, Wandegeya, Kampala. Uganda.
Note: FAO does not charge applicants any fees at any stage in the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 3rd November 2014