Job Title: Field Worker/Tracer
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Head Nurse and Principal Investigator (PI)
Epicentre is a non-government organization created by Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) in 1987 to help improve the quality of its field interventions. Since 1996, Epicentre has been a World Health Organization (WHO) collaborating centre for research in epidemiology and response to emerging diseases. Epicentre’s work hinges around three main activity areas: clinical research, field epidemiology and training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Field Worker/Tracer will establish a contact with the family of the client included in the study.
- Ensure collection and verification of contact information of the study client (phone number, address)
- Routinely report to the investigator(s) the need of the parents and help finding solutions
- Meet the representative or family of the children included in the study on a regular basis
- Actively participate in the transport reimbursement upon follow up visits.
- In charge of obtaining follow up visit schedule for the participants and ensure parents are informed in time.
- The incumbent will enhance and minimize on loss to follow ups.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Field Worker/Tracer should preferably hold a Certificate in Social work or any related field, certificate in counseling will be an added advantage
- Prior field experience with MSF or other NGOs, research experience is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the western region local language
- Highly self-driven
- Ability to work for long hours and go to the field.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send E-mail applications or hand deliver them to: Resource Manager, MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre, P.O. Box 1956, Mbarara, Uganda or via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th August, 2015
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline