Job Title: Office Assistant (A’ Level Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is QPI’s leading project that is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies. The project carries on the work of the USAID Health Care Improvement Project and is focused on building the capacity of host country providers and managers to apply modern quality improvement methods, make essential services accessible to all who need them, and ensure that care is delivered in compliance with standards and client needs, for every client, every time. An important global objective of the ASSIST Project is knowledge management: to facilitate documentation and sharing of evidence for improvement of specific care processes, based on the work of individual QI teams, large-scale improvement efforts, and/or research, and to make this information readily available through Web technology. The USAID ASSIST project in Uganda is a nationwide project supporting quality improvement activities. In the 15 districts in Northern Uganda, the USAID ASSIST project also supports capacity building activities.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will primarily be responsible for providing a conducive and clean environment within which all URC - ASSIST staff work and demonstrate acceptable hygiene in all their work. The incumbent will support office management services including safe delivery of documents, photocopying, scanning and ensuring safety of offices and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Office Management:
- Safe delivery of documents/messages from one office to the other
- Ensure total confidentiality for any information that come your way while undertaking cleaning of offices and do not trash any documents that may have fallen down from the officer's desk.
- Render support in photocopying and arranging of documents and handouts as requested by staff.
- Report all faults with the lighting in all offices.
2. Cleaning of Offices:
- Ensure that staff offices are cleaned and well arranged- floors cleaned, shelves, furniture and equipment dusted before the staff report for duty.
- Ensure that the reception floor, office space, staircases, corridors and washrooms are swept, mopped and kept dry and clean.
- Carry out periodic cleaning of the office windows and cobweb sweeping.
- Carry out a routine check every morning to ensure that toilets accessories are available in all the Washrooms.
- Empty all waste paper baskets.
- Assist in compound cleaning when requested Kitchen
- Ensure that at all times there is sufficient drinking water
- Prepare tea for URC -ASSIST staff and visitors upon request and ensure that supplies (sugar, coffee, teabags, napkins) are available at all times.
- Ensure that at all times the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and that all used utensils are cleaned.
- Responsible for carrying out periodic stock taking of all kitchen utensils and consumables should be made and whenever necessary, requisition for replacement made in consultation with the Administrative Assistant.
- Retrieve all used utensils at intervals for cleaning.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID ASSIST Project Office Assistant career placement should hold an A’ level certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum of two years’ office management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Should have high levels of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th February 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline