Job Title: Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA)
Organisation: The European Union’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), formerly known as the European Community Humanitarian Aid Office, is the European Commission's department for overseas humanitarian aid and for civil protection. The European Union has been the second largest donor of humanitarian assistance since 2000. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/ Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Humanitarian Aid is channeled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
Job Summary: The Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA) will plan and execute all necessary office administrative, financial accounting and logistic functions. The incumbent will carry out finance, accounting and administration duties, crisis support on finance and human resources and other related duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and registers all invoices, payment and reimbursement requests from internal and external parties;
- The incumbent creates and make all payments and revenue records and preparation of salary files;
- Prepare monthly cash position and monitor bank accounts for replenishment;
- The jobholder will prepare annual budgets and its amendments;
- Performs monthly financial reports and closures;
- In charge of drafting administrative requests and financial narrative reports;
- Maintain administrative files and follow-up employment and service contracts;
- Follow-up medical/accident insurance files;
- Ensures timely provision of goods and services for office;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the ECHO Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA) job opportunity should possess a relevant first level university degree in business management, finance, public administration or related area. Candidates without such degree should have at least eight years of relevant working experience on top of the hereunder mentioned experience;
- At least four years of relevant work experience at national or international level in the area of administration or programme support service including experience in finances, human resources and procurement;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage.
- Personal initiative; ability to work both independently and in a team, with ability to set priorities, and to work to tight deadlines;
- Show commitment, determination, reliability and a high degree of personal integrity and discretion;
- Ability to analyse and process complex information; ability to clearly and concisely convey information to others;
- Excellent drafting skills with high sense of accuracy;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluent written and spoken English are required;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Uganda nationals and other residents with valid working permits or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment date are encouraged to send their applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, academic and employment certificates via e-mail to: Echo-Administration.Kampala@echofield.eu with the vacancy reference indicated in the subject line.
Deadline: 5th June, 2017
NB: All applicants who do not hear from us by 31st July 2017 should consider that they have not been selected.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline