Job Title: Project Co-ordinator
Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Unit Manager (PUM)
Founded 75 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
About Plan Netherlands Project:
Plan Uganda with support from Plan Netherlands will implement a four year School water and sanitation project 2014 – 2017.The project code named, “Increasing the right to access safe, clean water and adequate sanitation in underserved schools and communities of Tororo for improved health and quality of lives among children”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will provide leadership so that school water, sanitation & hygiene activities in Tororo are implemented to a high standard of quality, on time, and within budget. The key areas of accountability include: project activities management, financial management, staff management, coordination, and reporting and project accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop implement and periodically review periodic project plans in line with the project documents and donor requirements.
- Offer strong leadership of assigned WASH project, working to ensure both short and long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities (where applicable) and local WASH staff.
- Steer the technical design of project interventions, development of technical guidance tools with adequate consultation and participation of Plan project staff and other key stakeholders in line with the planned project outputs and outcomes.
- Effectively manage the grant budget within the agreed budget lines, ensure periodic review and timely accurate reports in line with Plan Policies and donor requirements.
- Develop a system for capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, lesson learnt and best practice to stakeholders while maintaining project records for accountability purposes.
- Actively monitor project progress , develop and submit quality and timely reports to key project stakeholders in line with donor requirements and the project monitoring & evaluation plan
- Line-manage the project staff, including day-to-day management, training and development and performance management.
- Actively facilitate regular meetings to assist information sharing between project staff, to ensure all staff members are aware of project objectives, progress, current work plans and to provide the opportunity for integration and feedback.
- Prudently manage project equipment and assets in compliance with Plan policies and the donor requirements.
- Support project implementation through working closely with community development facilitators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate must hold a good university degree in social sciences, development studies or other WASH related field.
- Past exposure and experience in managing water, sanitation and hygiene projects with a bias in SLTS, CLTS and school WASH.
- Significant experience in programme/project management in a specific development field.
- Programme monitoring and evaluation skills and experience desirable
- Proven advanced project management skills; Team-player with good inter-personal skills
- Good report writing and administrative skills, including knowledge of developing and reporting on log-frames
- Excellent report writing skills, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with strong facilitation skills
- Past exposure and experience and skills in budget management
- Computer skills in Microsoft office
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates send letters of application, together with a CV. Contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history should be included and sent to the undersigned.
The Country Human Resources Manager,
Note: Only soft copies of application will be considered and please indicate the position in the
Deadline: 4th September, 2014
NB: Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th October, 2014. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.