Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. FH is currently operating programs in more than 26 countries and has national offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Korea, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Agago, Kole, Kween, Mbale, and Mukono Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located it Kampala.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will manage the monitoring and evaluation process in the country, ensuring the criteria and indicators defined in the CFCT (Child Focused Community Transformation) model and Country's Strategic Plan are efficiently meet and provide necessary recommendations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent designs the monitoring and evaluation system considering the requirements and criteria for each sector and project.
· Takes lead in the Implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation system.
· Designs data collection instruments used for monitoring, reporting and evaluation according to the Field Office’s National Strategic Plan.
· Implements data collection exercises such as baselines, QIVC (Quality Improvement Verification Checklist), RFSLA (Rapid Food Security and Livelihoods Assessment) among others
· Coordinates data collection teams and provides the necessary training and coaching for successful implementation of data collection exercises
· Consolidates and analyses data at the national level and provides comprehensive reports of data collection exercises.
· Work in close coordination with the Sector Specialists and Project Managers verifies the effectiveness in meeting indicators.
· Makes recommendations based on the monitoring results.
· Reporting: Develops regular monitoring reports including data and process results. Prepares reports required for submission to donors and for FH Uganda program evaluation reports and year-end statistics for the annual report. Compiles monthly programs report from field-level submissions and sends to PD.
· Monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, including selecting and monitoring progress in meeting indicators.
· Support the Country Director and Program Director with decision-making on resource allocation based on project priorities and performance
· Mentors and trains staff in the use of M&E tools required for their positions.
· During field visits conduct spot checks at the individual site and community level to evaluate adherence to programming standards and visually verify information reported through the normal reporting systems.
· Prepares communications items with useful information on current country statistics, country strategies and other useful documents necessary for proposal writing and decision making such as FH Connect, beneficiary database, fact sheets
· Assist FH Uganda staff in the strategic use of data and information so as to improve the implementation of the FH Uganda country programs;
· Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation related meetings within and outside FH Uganda that will help improve the Monitoring and Evaluation framework of FH Uganda;
· Participate in proposal writing by availing the required information and participating in the design of relevant Monitoring and Evaluation Indicators;
· Perform other duties assigned by the Country Director regarding Monitoring and Evaluation as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Food for the Hungry (FH) Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator job opportunity must hold a College/university degree in Monitoring and Evaluation studies, social sciences, demography, development planning, mathematics, statistics, or similar field
· Possession of a post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
· At least five years or more experience working in monitoring & evaluation of development programs preferred.
· Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
· Studies, understands and applies FH Foundational Principles: Vision, Mission, and Values
· Develops and maintains good working relationships between fields, national affiliate and donors
· Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes
· Complies to all finance, personnel, procurement and administrative policies of FH
· Proficiency in creating data entry and analysis templates in Epi-Info, MS Access, SPSS, or other software.
· Proficient in MS Office, with strong skills in MS Excel and MS Access.
· Experience working with development fields such as food security or child survival programming is a plus.
· Understand, respect and practice the set of organization’s shared values, including mutual respect; equity and justice; honesty and transparency; solidarity with poor and marginalized people, courage of conviction; happiness; humility and Christianity.
· Ability to encourage full participation of the partner and beneficiaries, to have power division and empowerment for them in the program activities.
· Have the spirit of learning, moving forward and be an excellent team member.
· Interest and ability to travel to program areas, sensitivity to gender and ethnic minority issues, commitment and courage to stand by poor and disadvantaged people
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Commitment to work with deadline oriented products.
· Proficiency in spoken and written English
· Highly committed to work in a team.
· Ability to search and analyze information.
· Ability to teach others.
· Analysis and synthesis of data
· Personal organization.
· Detail oriented and memory
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter with three work-related referees including the most recent or current employer to the address or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline