Job Title: Senior Mechanic
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Tractor Workshop Supervisor
Job Ref: 2016-09-98/AG-U-TG-10
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhavani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carrying out repairs (overhauling and maintenance) of all heavy and light machines and other special garage equipment and accessories.
· The incumbent will be troubleshooting and repairs of any heavy and light machines independently.
· Attending to field breakdown and major repairs of all vehicles independently.
· Leading other subordinate mechanics in assembling, overhauling of transmissions and differential and any other parts of the vehicle.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senior Mechanic job placement must hold a diploma in any of the following: Mechanical, Agricultural, Automotive Engineering or their equivalent obtained from a recognised technical college/University.
· At least three (3) years’ experience as a mechanic or technician in a busy motor vehicle workshop dealing in any of the heavy machines mentioned.
· Computer knowledge is essential.
· Ability to handle the control module issues using service advisor.
· Age: 25 years and above
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 10th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline