Job Title: Mentor Teams Manager
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Project Director II
Job ID: 13-9229
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Mentor Teams Manager will offer technical guidance through project supported clinical Mentorships teams in several districts/clusters to strengthen HIV/AIDS-TB response for STAR-E .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will co-ordinate the overall coaching and mentorship support of the project in 12 districts in HIV/AIDS service delivery.
- Conduct and arrange for orientation, coaching and grounding of mentorship team members by respective Technical Advisors
- Support and provide technical oversight to clinical mentorship teams comprised of a Clinical Mentor, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator, Adherence and Linkage Coordinator to conduct mentorship visits at facility level.
- Provide technical support to Adherence and Linkage Coordinators.
- Work in close consultation with the Lab Advisor, co-ordinate the support of the Laboratory Mentors to the mentorship teams.
- Provide timely feedback, through but not limited to documentation on mentorship processes and outputs.
- Track performance and trends at facility level.
- Develop mentorship schedules, assign team mentorship tasks.
- Keenly review, develop, adapt or adopt appropriate mentorship systems supported by tools and guidelines.
- Develop innovative mentorship approaches.
- Conduct focused mentorship on a need by need basis.
- Conduct field visits to districts and health facilities to monitor performance.
- Take lead during SIMS supervision visits.
- In keeping with donor guidelines, the incumbent will manage and monitor the use of financial and material resources.
- Link the technical and mentorship arm of the project at facility, cluster and program levels.
- Work closely with the facility heads to ensure smooth operations of the STAR-E mentorship teams
- Co-ordinate facility linked activities as required by partnerships at District and facility level.
- Summarize on a monthly basis the outcome of mentorship visits for SMT reference on improving mentorship activities in the Districts
- Perform any other tasks as deemed necessary by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Mentor Teams Manager career placement must hold a Degree in Human Medicine
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in public health (MPH),Paediatrics, Internal Medicine would be an added advantage
- Additional postgraduate qualifications and training are of an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience, including prior experience with HIV/AIDS & TB programming.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English.
- Previous USAID experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of pertinent local language(s) required.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to travel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline