Job Title: Executive Housekeeper
Organization: Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) - Hotel
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager / Resident Manager
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a 5-Star hotel in Mbale.
Job Summary: The Executive Housekeeper supervises all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, give training for newly recruited employees, audit and inspects housekeeping personal work assignment and requisition supplies. Take care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises all housekeeping employees, hires new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and take disciplinary actions when policies are not followed. Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
· Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff. Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast. Maintains a time log book of all employees within the department
· Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Hotel.
· Ensure that rooms are made as per company standard.
· Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
· Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
· Organize inventories with Accounts and General Store for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
· Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
· Develop and implement Housekeeping systems and procedures
· Prepare reports for management information.
· Assist Purchase department in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
· Plan, control and supervise Horticultural activities.
· Attending and resolving guest complaints.
· Verification of supplies consignments.
· Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
· Approval of the Functional Manual of the department
· Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
· Daily inspection of public areas and employees locker rooms.
· Daily briefing of Supervisors/ Executives.
· Coordinating the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public area with maintenance department.
· Immediately attending to guest requests.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a three-year degree or diploma in hotel management,
· At least eight to ten years’ experience , 2 to 3 years in a 5 star hotel.
· Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box
· Ability to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
· Strong Operational/Technical Knowledge.
· Successful Pre-opening experience & records a distinct advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline