Job Title: Financial Analyst
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Financial Analyst will provide support to Foundation management and staff in the implementation of the organization’s budgeting and financial reporting process. The Financial Analyst coordinates the preparation and distribution of financial management information to specific departments and country offices. The incumbent will coordinates a variety of financial analysis and planning functions in Uganda office including agreement budgeting and generating a variety of financial reports. The Financial Analyst must collaborate with a variety of other staff in the country and the international Accounting Unit in Washington DC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Identifies and communicates financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, making use of HQ and Country generated reports including:
- Agreement specific budget to actual reports
- Donor financial reports
- Country Monthly Financial Reports
- Agreement specific monthly costed work plans
Support the Finance Manager and working with specific project managers to provide technical support across the entire budget management cycle which included but not limited to:
- Work in liaison with programs colleagues to develop costed work plans and budgets by geography, program area and/or facility
- Develop first draft of new business cost proposals and annual budgets under continuation awards and budget narratives.
- Working with various budget holders to control the budget, produce variance analysis and responds to donor budget inquiries
- In charge of monitoring of budgets by producing budget variance analysis for each program area that feeds into donor quarterly reports
Under facilitation of Finance Manager provide financial data and analysis to the Senior Management team for management decision making. Examples might include:
- Funding Scenario Analysis
- Alerting appropriate staff of potential funding shortfalls and / or significant underspending
Management & Donor Reporting: Under guidance of Finance Manager, primary responsible of cross cutting country program financial related reports including but not limited to:-
- Donor reporting preparations
- Management financial reports
- Reports to HQ corporate as called on from time to time.
Present financial status of projects:
- In donor meetings
- During internal Quarterly Financial Reviews with staff from Uganda office and Washington DC
- During monthly Senior Management meetings / quarterly program review meetings with program budget holders.
- Perform and complete special projects and other financial duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Financial Analyst job opportunity should hold a Master’s Degree in Business related field, accounting professional qualification preferred.
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams
- Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
- Project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Prior nonprofit experience working on USG funded grants or contracts preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline