Job Title: Senior Supply Assistant
Organisation: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Position No.: 10026418
Reports to: Assistant Programme Officer
Vacancy Notice: 019/2016
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
Post Grade: GL5
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Senior Supply Assistant will support supply all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the operation. The incumbent will work independently on routine tasks while following instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues. The incumbent shall maintain regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation. The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy: Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent. Offer support in warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
- The incumbent will also prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility
- Offer support in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE. 11
- Prepare and submit standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems.
- Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Perform any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation
Key Performance Indicators: UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Senior Supply Assistant job placement should have completed Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- At least five years of previous relevant job experience.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer literacy skills (MS Office and PeopleSoft/MSRP). -Experience in customs formalities. Previous experience in logistics or warehousing
- Fluency in English and Madi, Lugbara, Aringa and Luo
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline