Job Title: Procurement and Front Desk Officer
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Grants and Administration Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Procurement and Front Desk Officer will be responsible for maintaining an efficient office environment and provide administrative, procurement and clerical support to others in the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will generate and receive procurement related documents
- Carryout procurement analysis and ensure completeness of procurement packages
- Answer phones and distribute messages to the appropriate staff member
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- In charge of faxing, scanning and copying of documents
- Update and maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and client information
- Organize travel arrangements for staff
- The jobholder will co-ordinate and organize appointments and meetings
- Offer support in event planning and implementation
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Procurement and Front Desk Officer job opportunity must hold a college certificate in Office Administration; a University degree will be an added an advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar position with an international organization
- Competent computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience in Human Resources and/or Procurement is mandatory
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and information gathering
- Numerical and literacy skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills combined with ability to prioritize and manage assignments/tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline