Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Manager
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Human Resource and Administration Manager will plan and coordinate all HR related activities including recruitment, selection, orientation and staff development.
· The incumbent will also offer technical support and guidance to senior management and Line Managers on HR related procedures at both Kampala office and field locations.
· Manage and monitor staff rewards, benefits, expenditures and manage the staff insurance schemes.
· Keenly review, up-date and disseminate HR manuals, policies and procedures in line with Concern Uganda’s global HR policies and regulatory frameworks in Uganda.
· Manage general office administration including managing staff travel, security and maintaining company assets at the Concern Kampala Office.
· Manage all staff records through the HR information systems including updating and maintaining staff files and the HR Database.
· The incumbent will represent Concern at HR inter organization meetings, serve on committees and tasks forces that are HR related.
· Carry out research and analysis on HR related issues, monitor changes to Government legislation that affect staff, and ensure dissemination of information to Senior Management with recommendations for action.
· Support and promote the standards outlined in the Program Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct across the Concern Uganda’s country program.
· Prepare periodic HR reports as required including to Head Quarters, statutory bodies and reports to the country management team.
· Manage the Kampala Office IT system through managing the IT budget, IT Assistant and liaise with the IT Regional Advisor on all related matters in Kampala.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any field. Possession of a Postgraduate qualification in HR Management is an added advantage
· At least seven years’ work experience in a HR and Administration role with at least 3 years at a Senior Managerial level.
· Previous experience working with an international NGO is desired
· Confidentiality and ability to handle sensitive situations
· A high degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task
· Good negotiating skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of performance management
· High degree of integrity
· Understanding Others
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Team management orientation
· Concern for standards
· Pro-active work ethics
· Development orientation
· Flexibility towards others
· Effective communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline