Job Title: General Manager
Organisation: Makulu Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Board
About Makulu Group:
Makulu Group is an organization doing business mainly in the repairs and Maintenance of different Technologies that are widely used to improve people’s standards of living. It consists of three member companies currently which include; Makulu Technologies Limited, Makulu Institute of Mobile Technology, Makulu Agro-ventures. It is governed by a central management that runs, manages and develops the Group.
Job Summary: The General Manager will create and maintain an atmosphere in which employees willingly produce at maximum capacity. He / she will also develop performance standards and maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards in order to deliver the organization’s goals and objectives in a proper and profitable manner
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure business development by publicizing and marketing the company internationally and managing the company in a profitable way
· Carry out public relations duties in case of any media communications
· Present monthly reports and present them to the Executive Board.
· Offer technical expertise support to the Executive Board on the appropriate courses of action in relation marketing Condition
· Ensure Tax Compliance with NSSF, PAYE and VAT and any other regulations in relation to our industry.
· Effectively communicate clients to ensure that trading is carried out smoothly. Expected to have strong communication, telephone and organizational skills, and at least basic computer skills. .
· Initiate activities for reducing cost of production and Carry out variance analysis with regard to cost of production.
· Effectively optimize manpower deployment (Executives as well as Workers).
· Create and project an image both within the Branch and outside as a top class professional company.
· To device strategies for effective and real time market intelligence in order to stay ahead of competition.
· Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive board
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in BBA/ Marketing/ Social sciences or any other business related course with a major in marketing is also added advantage. A post graduate in management is added advantage.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a busy organization
· High degree of personal integrity
· Concern for quality and order
· Team work and co-operation
· High confidentiality levels
· People skills
· Customer care skills
· Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
· Age: Above 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications, updated CVs and copies of academic and professional certificates addressed to:
Makulu Group of Companies,
P.O. Box 14045 Mengo-Kampala.
Email to: email@example.com
Send hard copies our office at Bulange, Sentema, Step by Step
Deadline: 7th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline