Job Title: Records Officer
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Records &Information Management
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Records Officer will receive, process and Coordinate access storage and retrieval of bank information in accordance with existing standards and procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will classify, Catalogue, Index, Audit, sort, weed records in line with the Banks records policy.
- Maintain physical control and security of records, prevent damage, loss, theft, pilferage of records in line with Bank records policy.
- The jobholder will also maintain, update various record databases in line with the records management policy of the bank
- Identify, appraise and receive records from Departments/ Branches/ Units/ Divisions into the central registry in line with the Banks records policy.
- Manage the storage, retrieval, movement and tracking of records within the Central registry in line with the records management policy of the Bank.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor Records & Information Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Records Officer job placement should hold a Bachelors of Library and Information/Bachelor of Records and Archives Management.
- At least two years of related work experience
- Good report writing skills
- Exceptional Customer care skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Creativity in Information processing and computerising of records processes.
- Superior written and oral communication abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline