Job Title: Senior Tax Advisors (3 Career Opportunities)
Organisation: Ernst & Young (EY)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ernst & Young (known as EY) is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It w as the third largest professional services firm in the world by aggregated revenue in 2012 and is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms. The organization operates as a network of member firms which are separate legal entities in individual countries. It has 175,000 employees and more than 700 offices in over 150 countries. It provides assurance (including financial audit), tax, consulting and advisory services to companies. The firm dates back to 1849 with the founding of Harding & Pullein in England. The current firm was formed by a merger of Ernst & Whinney and Arthur Young & Co. in 1989. It was known as Ernst & Young until 2013, when it underwent a rebranding.
Job Summary: The Senior Tax Advisors will be responsible for participating in and supervising multiple client engagements and other related activities under the general direction of more experienced engagement team members. The incumbent discusses moderately complex issues with engagement team and client management. The Senior Tax Advisor is also in charge of general accounting and financial reporting assistance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Has a full understanding of taxation and the Ugandan tax environment, understands the objectives of a Tax audit and the staffs role in the Tax audit process
· Keeps abreast with general business and economic developments and applies their understanding of the client's business and industry to identify areas of Tax audit significance, assesses the degree of risk and the nature of the errors that could result from the client’s Tax accounting estimates, identifies unusual or unexpected Tax transactions, and explains important developments/matters to staff
· The incumbent develops the Tax audit approach plan and prepares detailed audit programs for substantive procedures for significant accounts Executes Tax audit procedures, such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, and performing substantive procedures in moderately complex, judgmental and/or specialized areas.
· Prepares summary review memorandum and other correspondences with the clien
· Actively participates in meetings with the client engagement team and the client. Presents information to others in one-on-one and small group situations, such as verbal presentations to client personnel.
· Regularly interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve our clients’ satisfaction.
· Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client engagement team; contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communications; facilitating the resolution of conflicts; sharing information; and, accepting and providing constructive feedback
· Offers professional guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a First or Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.
· Full qualification in ACCA or CPA.
· At least four years’ tax service experience in a professional Accounting firm
· The suitably qualified candidate should have a good understanding of tax.
· Ability to anticipate and identify technical issues and provide appropriate solutions.
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Good relationship building skills.
· Proactive and delivery focused.
· Ability to be creative and bring new ideas to the role and function.
· Positive attitude and the drive to excel.
· Ability to work in a team.
· Ability to coach junior staff members.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, updated CVs and relevant testimonials in support of academic qualifications to the following address:
The Staff Partner,
Ernst & Young Certified Public Accountants,
Ernst & Young House,
Plot 18 Clement Hill Road,
P.O. Box 7215, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 2nd September 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline