Job Title: Technical Advisor, Medicines Management
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Health Services- Pharmacy (MOH) Senior Technical Advisor, District - UHSC
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9167
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Technical Advisor, Medicines Management will provide assistance to the Ministry of Health Pharmacy division, Implementing partners, RPMT pharmacy resource persons and Regional pharmacists in harmonizing implementation of pharmaceutical sector strategies and ensuring that the best use of available information for decision making within the sector. The medicines management coordinator will be at the center of the Peer support strategy implementation, a management support structure purposed to strengthen efficiency and effectiveness of pharmaceutical sector strategies using the existing structures of the Ministry of Health pharmaceutical human resources from national, regional, district and health facility level. He/she will in particular support the RP and RPMT pharmacy resource persons and logistics advisors. The Coordinator will be instrumental in harmonizing of national implementation of; Supervision, Performance Assessment and Recognition Strategy (SPARS), Pharmaceutical Financial Management (PFM), and support to TB, Lab, ARV, vaccine logistic improvement strategies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning and implementation of the Peer support Strategy with Implementing partners, Regional Pharmacists and RPMT Pharmacy resource persons
- Provide the head of Pharmacy Division regular district and regional medicines management performance information for appropriate decision making.
- Work closely with implementing partners to assess and plan for capacity development of Regional Pharmacists and RPMT Pharmacy resource persons in SPARS, PFM, Supportive Supervision, leadership and Management, Information management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Computer skills as well as other skills required for them to effectively perform their regional support function.
- Coordinate targeted support to districts, MMS and Pharmacy resource persons, by Regional Pharmacists and RPMT, to ensure they provide effective support to health facilities
- Actively participate in Pharmaceutical service delivery meeting at MOH to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges and ensure common understanding of current as well as advice on future strategic direction.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of pharmaceutical sector interventions including impact assessment design and implementation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head Pharmacy at MOH
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Technical Advisor, Medicines Management career vacancy should preferably hold a Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Pharmacy or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- At least eight years of progressively increasing responsibility managing large comprehensive and complex health programs in Uganda.
- Demonstrated management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Considerable management and planning experience including human resource management and supervision.
- Work experience in providing pharmaceutical management technical assistance.
- Good planning skills including the use of logistic framework approach
- Good M&E skills and hands on experience with indicator based surveys and assessments
- Working experience in Uganda with knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Uganda public health system generally and the health supply chain in particular.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
- Flexible and adapts to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, communications and reporting skills.
- Strong teamwork and team-building skills
- Strong English skills required, including ability to write lucid technical reports and documents.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline