Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Manager
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support in the day to day activities of the Directorate and/or Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers administrative support in organizing meetings and events in the office
- The incumbent receive visitors, directs them appropriately and attends to inquiries, including telephones
- Ensures that office premises and furniture are tidy and cleaned regularly as required and other services such as reception, catering and refreshments, utilities and messenger services, are provided for
- Works closely with the Procurement officer for purposes of engaging service providers to carry out maintenance, repair and servicing work
- Actively facilitate travel of staff to various places for NIRA activities.
- Requisitions for office stationery from the store and distributes it as required
- Ensures dispatch and delivery of official mail and other parcels
- Types both confidential and non-confidential correspondences, documents and reports.
- The incumbent ensures control of office stationery and office equipment issued to the Directorate/Department
- Assists in organizing information and other inputs required for meetings and other activities of the Departments.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Administration Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Administrative Assistant employment opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Business Administration, Office Management, Hospitality or any other related area from a recognized institution.
- Two years relevant working experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of confidentiality and willingness to learn
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline