Job Title: Office Assistant (Several Career Jobs)
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will support the Administrative Assistant in the provision of general office support services and maintains a clean, safe and attractive office environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent cleans utensils, offices and related facilities and maintains a clean working environment
- Offers technical support in photocopying, scanning and reproduction of documents
- Performs simple filing duties as instructed
- Offers technical support in organizing for meetings and similar activities
- Prepares and/or serves tea and refreshments to assigned office/offices
- The incumbent delivers mail and other documents to and from the offices as instructed
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Administration Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Office Assistant career job should hold a Uganda Advanced Certification of Education.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy reputable public or private organization
- Ability to communicate well in English
- The applicant should hold an amiable and sociable character
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Hardworking and highly organized character
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline