Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Roofings Rolling Mills
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Roofings Rolling Mills is a leading steel manufacturer in East Africa running a three Phase manufacturing plant. Comprising of a wire galvanizing line, reinforced TMT bars rolling mill, Continuous Galvanizing line and Colour Coating line located in Namanve Industrial and Business Park, Kampala Uganda. With world-class technology from all over the world (Germany, Austria, Italy, Canada, Japan and India), the combined capacity of the plant is over 234000 tons per annum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate audit assistants in performing their duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare and implement audit programs to ensure adequate audit coverage, and achieve value for money in line with the Annual Audit Plan.
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance program to evaluate internal audit operations and performance.
- The jobholder will prepare daily reports on key issues that come to the attention of the Function and send them to the supervisor.
- Keenly review the means of safeguarding assets and verify the existence of such assets.
- Watching and reviewing the soundness and application of all systems, procedures and plans, including internal controls and their compliance to good utility management practices.
- Actively participate in the investigation of significant suspected fraud(s) and report the results to the supervisor.
- Take part in sensitive disciplinary proceedings when called upon.
- Study and introduce new systems for better controls and improvement.
- Support in matters related to ISO procedures and implementation. IMS implementation audits and follow ups.
- Work in close collaboration with the supervisor, identify, evaluate existing and potential risks facing the company and suggest internal controls, policies and procedures to manage them.
- Document audit working papers, audit evidence and information gathered during audit execution.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Internal Auditor job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration Accounting option, Bachelors of Accounts and Finance.
- Professional accounting qualification i.e. at least CPA- Level 2)
- A minimum of three years’ experience in handling audit responsibilities in a busy environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a soft copy application letter, detailed CV with three professional referees and scanned copies of academic documents via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate the tittle of the position applied for in your email subject line.
Deadline: 31st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline