Job Title: Human Resource Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Country Human Resource Manager
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9171
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Specialist provides overall HR support to the COMU. S/he supports the HR team in recruitment and placement, orientation, performance and probationary appraisal of MSH Uganda Mbale staff. The incumbent supports the creation of a healthy working environment through, open policies, information sharing and organization of staff functions. S/he is a member of the MSH Uganda Country Operations Management Unit (COMU) and reports directly to the Country HR Manager as the line supervisor for technical oversight. Day-to-day management, instead, is supervised by the Director F&A. This secondary supervision includes, inter alia, approval of leave and time sheets, and significant input to the PPRD process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Senior HR Specialist (Recruitment), supports the STAR E Project in-country recruitment and placement process
- Working with the Senior HR Specialist (HRIS) Kampala, implements the One MSH Orientation Program for the STAR E employees;
o Ensuring that new employees receive the new staff information pack before they report to work accurately and complete the onboarding forms
o Verify information on the employee records forms against the medical insurance to ensure accuracy
o Submits complete new employee onboarding forms to the Senior HR Specialist for filing and updating the HR database
o Organize the interim orientation and ensures that orientation is conducted on a monthly basis
· Support the Country HR Manager with implementation and maintenance of the Performance Management Process, including ongoing training on the subject.
o Supporting the supervisor to ensure that the new employees have set SMART probationary objectives, and monitor to ensure that the new employees have completed their probationary process within the required timelines and quality
o Offer support with the administrative duties of the appraisal and salary merit review process.
- Take an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment;
o Through organizing appropriate activities
o Ensuring that feedback obtained from employees is shared and appropriately utilized
- Under the guidance of the Country HR Manager, support with regards to staff relations issues, ie conflict resolution, employee grievances etc.
- Offer technical support to staff health services, ensuring that employees receive timely response to their medical concerns.
- Provide support with management of STAR E leave, ensuring that employees proceed for leave only after they have completed their leave forms.
- Keenly monitor and track STAR E staff changes and regularly share with the Kampala HR team, STAR E employee changes.
- Perform any other duties including offering support to the STAR E senior management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Human Resource Specialist job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent relevant education
- At least three years of relevant working experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, execute tasks efficiently and is proactive.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, organizational chart and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities
- English fluency and strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline