Job Title: Deputy Team Leader
Project Name: DFID-funded Northern Uganda: Transforming the Economy through Climate Smart Agriculture (NU-TEC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
About DFID NU-TEC Program:
NU-TEC Market Development (MD) is a five year DFID-funded programme that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor men and women in northern Uganda by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of DFID.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Deputy Team Leader will be accountable for the successful design and implementation of M4P market development activities within the primary and interconnected markets that the project works in.
- Responsible for providing effective leadership and management of the market development group, which is expected to consist of 9 technical staff: 3 Market Managers and 6 Intervention Managers.
- Accountable for ensuring strong linkages between the Market Managers and the Monitoring and Results Management (MRM) team of the programme to enable collection and analysis of data to support effective programme decision making.
- Accountable to represent the company and the project to the client and stakeholders as needed.
- Accountable for providing budgets, projections for results, implementation updates, and other information as needed to relevant field office and home office units to support effective implementation and reporting on project outcomes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a relevant masters' degree in business, agriculture, economics or related field;
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in private sector agriculture/agribusiness development, with demonstrated experience in market development/making markets work for the poor (M4P);
- Five years’ experience in a mid- or senior management position in large donor funded international development projects, preferably DFID, in client facing roles with budget responsibility;
- Ability to identify viable commercial opportunities;
- Excellent report writing and oral presentation skills;
- Familiarity with results chains, intervention guides and other M4P tools;
- Previous exposure and experience working in post-conflict or fragile states.
- Previous experience of working in Uganda and/or Ugandan language skills is an advantage.
- Excellent leadership, representation and organizational skills;
- Strong management and people skills;
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to develop, interpret and analyze budgets and financial reports;
- Ability to operate in complex situations;
- Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organizations/institutions;
- Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines;
- Ability to communicate effectively and negotiate persuasively with high level decision makers;
- Results oriented.
How to Apply:
If you want to work for the Palladium Group in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
Deadline: 23rd August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline