Job Title: Market Risk Analyst
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager, Risk
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Market Risk Analyst will be responsible for monitoring market conditions to highlight vulnerability to potential adverse market events, and developing instruments to quantify potential exposures and mitigation plans to address them as per the Banks’ objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly analyse Bank’s market position and running figures through modelling techniques to find value at risk (VAR) measurements as per the risk management framework
- Analyse Bank’s market position in terms of performance in relation to competition, conduct comparative analysis of market performance and anticipate new emerging risks, forecast and monitor market trends
- Analyse the effect of changes in forex rates, interest rates on Bank’s financial position and advise the Bank on remedial measures.
- Carry out stress testing on interest and forex rates to determine stress levels for which assets and liabilities may be exposed to and develop instruments/tools used to quantify potential risk exposures.
- Regularly monitor the liquidity position, foreign currency exposure and interest rate changes to ensure that market risk arising is managed.
- Assess the appropriateness of pricing and valuation models within the context of the business.
- Make risk assessments in the development of new products, review of old products and in trading strategies to ensure that identified risks are managed.
- The incumbent will also develop templates used to analyse and assess performance of Bank’s products and participate in the products steering committee meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Market Risk Analyst career placement should hold a first degree in business related field preferably with a background in Mathematics at advanced level and a certificate in financial analytics or risk management
- At least three years’ experience working in Risk, Operations, Credit, Finance or treasury department in a financial institution, with exposure in Risk management responsibilities and good knowledge of Bank products.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High self - drive
- Report writing and presentation
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to conduct quality assurance activities, and risk awareness training across the Bank
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 1st July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline