Job Title: Manager Legal
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Legal and Investigations
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Manager Legal will oversee the development of standards and guidelines that are relevant and applicable by all PDEs and to supervise the efficient handling of litigations at the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and review of procurement standards ensuring that they meet the legal requirements and are in line with best practice.
- Ensure that all activities related to litigation are managed in an appropriate, efficient and confidential manner to ensure that quality legal services are provided to the Authority.
- Provide quality legal services to the Directorates within the Authority.
- Lead the workforce in the Unit in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent customer service and high standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an Honours degree in Law from a recognised university. Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Masters Degree in Law or Masters in Business Administration with a first degree in Law.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement or full membership of CIPS would be an added advantage
- Credits in both Mathematics and English at O’ Level.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in legal practice with at least three (3) of leading a team
- Previous experience in litigation and developing standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong performance management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Information Technology
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Good leadership Skills
- Proven Personal Integrity
- Good Team Management
- Ability to multi-task
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline