Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Lubowa, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource & Administration Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Business Partner will provide comprehensive Human Resources consultation services and support to the sales department and ensure the timely and strategic implementation of the HR business within the sales department, in support of M-KOPA’s corporate strategic plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultative support in the sales department in the areas of Talent acquisition, Human Resource Planning, Compensation, Employee Relations, Training and Development, Performance management and HR compliance.
- Regularly analyzes performance trends in the sales department and recommend remedial actions for poor performance in line with M-KOPA’s HR policies.
- Provide legal guidance to the sales leadership team on the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance to the Uganda Employment Act.
- Manage training activities within the sales department, ensuring that all sales staff go through the respective training curriculum as per M-KOPA’s training policy.
- Provide guidance and input on sales restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Manage the implementation and delivery of key HR initiatives as the key interface between HR department and all sales teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have attained a Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or an equivalent
- Member of a HR Body
- A minimum of five years’ experience of working as a HR professional with at least 2 years working at leadership level
- Previous experience of advising managers on a range of people matters (e.g. discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness absence, recruitment, etc)
- Significant experience of working with middle/senior managers and casual labor
- Good, confident communicator
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent standard of written English
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Ugandan Labor Laws and Environmental Health & Safety
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Human Resource Business Partner” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 15th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline