Job Title: Cashier
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, an established business group that deals in printing. The printing solutions include industrial and commercial printing which includes printing of labels and packaging with HP Indigo 6800 and printing of photo specialty, marketing collaterals, and publishing using HP Indigo 5600.
Job Summary: The Cashier will receive, pay out and account for cash and cheques disbursements in accordance with Company Finance policies and procedures for the field warehouse.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive cash and cheque payments from customers and other debtors, and ensure safe custody of cash received.
- Pay out cash to approved beneficiaries and account for cash imprest in line with Finance and accounting procedures and best practices.
- Ensure correct posting of transactions in the financial system on a daily basis.
- Ensure written approvals and proper receipts
- Maintain approved levels of petty cash and promptly initiate replenishment procedures.
- Reconcile cash and cheque collections on a daily basis with and report any discrepancies to the immediate supervisor.
- Update registers, files and safeguard all cash office records and documents in line with Finance policies and procedures
- Bank all cash and cheques, and maintain related records as mentioned in the guidelines
- Prepare monthly financial reports and statements of accounts, receivables and payables. Actively participate in conducting regular stock-taking exercises.
- Maintain cash movement registers
Key Performance Indicators
- Balance till at the end of the day
- Correctly post all transactions
- Account for imprest
- Cash reconciliation reports
- Maintain level of petty cash as per rules
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Cashier job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting, Finance or their equivalent.
- One year experience in financial accounting and familiar with financial accounting systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Impeccable level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and numerical skills
- Good numerical skills.
- Computer literacy i.e. MS Office proficiency/ Accounting software package
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline