Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Production & Technical Services
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory. Construction of the factory is now nearing completion.
Job Summary: The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing new electrical systems and ensure that all electrical systems are operating efficiently, undertake scheduled and breakdown maintenance of electrical components and systems of all manufacturing equipment or plants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the overall electrical systems maintenance team
- In charge of designing electrical operating systems and maintenance including the required calibration strategies, procedures and methods.
- Responsible for planning and undertaking scheduled electrical maintenance
- Diagnosing electrical affiliated breakdown problems and provide solutions where applicable
- Work closely with the assistant manager production in conducting on the spot quality assurance systems inspections and audit.
- Generate specialist procurement of electrical fixtures, fittings or components; controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment; monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergency and unplanned electrical/equipment breakdown and repairs
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Work in liaison with the mechanical engineer to take lead in repairing and equipment maintenance.
- Supervising, mentoring, motivating and guiding of technical services staff
- Work in liaison with the mechanical engineer draw and managing approved budgets under the technical services department
- Ensuring compliance to staff health and safety regulations
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Work closely with the mechanical Engineer, manage equipment stocks and supplies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering
- Possession of Post Graduate qualifications in a related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ factory experience in electrical repairs and maintenance experience in a food/fruits processing/FMCG factory
- Ability to positively deliver under pressure
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, staff mentoring and supervisory skills
- Team work and good leadership skills
- Adequate IT and Analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager
Uganda Development Corporation
Floor 5, Soliz House
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 8th July 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline