Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Transport Officer
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
Job Summary: The Driver will carry out tasks related to driving HFHU vehicles entrusted to him/her in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with HFHU policy and the traffic laws and regulations of Uganda. Also, the incumbent will perform minor mechanical tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Transportation & Safety:
- Transport HFHU staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure safety of passengers & luggage at all times.
- Observe speed limits and all HFHU travel guidelines.
- Ensure use of seat belts at all times.
- Ensure proper communication procedures.
2. Vehicle Maintenance:
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure washing and general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the Senior Transport Officer
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare & tools are in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicle tools are always kept in allocated vehicle.
3. Record Keeping:
- Ensure that all vehicles have log sheets and pens.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely,
- Ensure vehicle request forms are filled and submitted for travel allocation to Administration Assistant
- Submit all vehicle log sheets on a monthly basis to the Senior Transport Officer
- Ensure to check vehicle on daily basis and submit check list report to Senior Transport Officer.
- Submit field trip report after every trip to the Administration Assistant
- Prepare and submit vehicle repair reports to the Administration Assistant every time before and after repairs
4. Delivering and receiving mail:
- Prompt delivery of all mail and maintain record on delivery book, inclusive of cheques and equipment.
- Check in post office for mail on a regular basis.
- Receive mail from partners and sub-offices and hand it over to the Administration Assistant.
5. Check on vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance:
- Ensure that vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance are valid.
- Inform Senior Transport Officer 3 weeks in advance of renewals.
6. Mechanical Activities:
- Perform minor repairs as required and recommend major cases to the garage.
- Road test and certify all vehicles from the garages.
7. Others: Any other duties assigned by the Senior Transport Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an O Level Certificate and Mechanical certificate.
- A minimum of three years’ driving and mechanical experience
- Hold a Certificate/Licenses: Class A, B, C, and E Driver’s License.
- Understanding of the Geographical area of assignment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, a detailed CV and copies of relevant academic credentials via email addressed to: The Human Resource Department.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline