Job Title: Customer Experience Director
Organization: Bridge International Academies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and we recently launched operations in Nigeria and India respectively.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will lead multiple field and office based teams in delivering the Bridge experience, as promised, to parents
- Manage the on-going academy operations at all academies – including pupil admissions and timely fee collections; supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; teacher supervision and mentorship; retail and concession sales management; and more – including accountability measures across all responsibilities
- Develop customized strategies to help all academies solve any academy-specific issues and reach their pupil reach goals, leveraging Academy Managers and their supervisors to execute on ideas
- The incumbent will also drive community outreach across all new and existing Bridge communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at potential parents, potential staff, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Recruit academy staff, run induction trainings, workshops, and on-going professional development, and lead communications to all academy staff, collating information from all departments in order to maintain one voice of clear, actionable, and inspiring information
- Define national Customer Experience budgets and timelines throughout the academy lifecycle for purposes of maximizing pupils growth and academy revenue, liaising with other departments as needed
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed, particularly Operations, which covers all “back of house” operations, such as ensuring that technology is working, vendors are paid, academies are well maintained, and more.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Customer Experience Director career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business, management, sales, retail management, organisational behaviour), graduate degrees preferred
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy.
- Ability to manage as well as lead and execute projects yourself; Bridge is a very hands-on company.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up or high-growth company experience preferred.
- Supreme organisational, critical thinking, and communications skills; natural leadership and ability to inspire a major plus.
- Previous experience working with low income customers
- The applicant should have a passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy are encouraged to send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Customer Experience Director.”
Deadline: 1st July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline