Job Title: Sales Team Lead
Organization: aYo Holdings Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sales and Operations Manager
aYo Holdings Limited is a joint venture that benefits from the scale, combined expertise and market access provided by its shareholders, MTN Group and MMI Holdings and will focus on selected countries in Africa to offer relevant, accessible and easy to use insurance solutions to consumers.
Job Summary: The Sales Team Lead will ensure the achievement of sales & leads targets within designated areas, by encouraging a high performance culture amongst Field Sales Agents, whilst building and maintaining productive working relationships with stakeholders, existing and prospective clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Field Sales Agents clearly understand their targets and meet or exceed sales and leads targets
- Keenly monitor the quality of Field Sales Agent interactions with existing and prospective clients, and provide training where necessary to ensure company standards are being maintained
- In charge of developing and management of relationships with contracted Super Dealers ensuring a high level of performance against set targets and ensuring the agreed number of field agents contracted via Super Dealers are adequately trained on aYo’s products and processes.
- Foster a high sales performance culture within individual Field Sales Agents
- Identify problem areas in the performance outputs of various Field Sales Agents and performance manage where necessary
- Develop and build productive working relationships with other Team Leaders, Field Agents, aYo head office, aYo OPCO existing and prospective clients, as well as owners of venues from which Field Sales Agents will generate sales & leads
- Ensure that the team has the operational infrastructure (e.g. stationery, application forms, uniform, name badges, mobile devices, Wyzetalk, etc.) required to operate efficiently and provide a quality customer experience to all prospective and existing clients
- Mentor, train and guide Field Sales Agents to consistently deliver quality customer experiences to existing and prospective clients, in an ever changing field environment
- Manage resource capacity and recruit Field Sales Agents as and when required to address business needs
- Accountable for scheduling work rosters, monthly venue plans and shift allocations for Field Sales Agents to ensure sufficient capacity to achieve daily sales and leads targets
- Monitor and analyse Field Sales Agents performance data (sales applications, leads generated, sales quality, productivity, compliance, merchandizing etc.) daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Provide Field Sales Agents with on-the-job coaching & mentoring, and perform QA assessments in order to address skills and knowledge gaps, and to plan for future development needs.
- Hold daily, weekly and monthly meetings with Field Sales Agents to discuss performance, document these sessions
- Prepare and submit a monthly plan and budget for venues that Field Sales Agents will operate from throughout the following month
- Submit monthly reports on sales & lead generation performance for Field Sales Agents vs.
- Support Field and branch employees with escalated field client queries to ensure that matters are resolved efficiently and effectively
- Apply business rules and processes as defined in operational protocols
- Uphold the company brand at all times, and ensure that all Field Agents do the same.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Matric / Grade 12
- Possession of a valid Driver’s licence and a car would be advantageous
- At least three to five years sales experience in financial services, banking, insurance, Telco industry
- Previous experience in sales leadership roles (financial services, banking, insurance, Telco industry will be advantageous)
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Business acumen and financial literacy
- Negotiating skills related to technical solutions, financing, terms & conditions guarantees, risk allocation, incentives, etc.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Resourcefulness, ability to multi-task and handle pressure
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CV clearly indicating the role that you have applied for in the subject line to: hanlie@aYoholdings.com
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline