Job Title: Project Assistant (KWMD)
Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/12/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in strengthening the role of civil society and increase citizen participation in decision‐making and promoting accountability of government and non‐government stakeholders in the project management.
- Help in developing capacity of local government, citizens and civic actors in responsible the project management including that related to planning for revenue use, development of accountability mechanisms and equitable consultative processes.
- Take part in organizing meetings with government officials, CSOs/CBOs, donors and other interested parties related to mining sector transparency, accountability accessibility of information.
- Assist in building and strengthening local capacity to advocate for the project sector transparency; making information more accessible to a broader audience;
- Expanding the scope of information on the website, including through additional mapping data of mining operations; and facilitating the analysis and use of this information to ensure that the project provides greater benefits to the beneficiaries
- Actively contribute to the technical aspects of training modules on transparency, advocacy and conflicts dynamics related to the project management; participate in planning and executing training sessions and other workshops; ensuring modules synchronize with community needs and project objectives.
- Render support in drafting and editing press releases, public statements, and project reports as necessary.
- Participate in building the capacities and supporting all stakeholders in their efforts.
- Assist in advising and supporting the program in policy facilitation and strategies towards creation of favorable public opinion.
- Assist in increasing the active participation and influence of women and youth in decision‐making and advocacy processes for equal rights at local and national level.
- Help in establishing effective communication mechanisms between stakeholders in order to increase people’s access to, understanding of and benefits
- Take part in research, developing policy positions and producing briefings and other advocacy materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Project Assistant (KWMD) job vacancy should hold a Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Management, Economics, Development studies, Engineering or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of five years of experience and proven background in development management and programming,
- Proven success in working with regional and/or local governments in natural resource and Environment management related programs.
- Previous exposure and experience with wide range of donor reporting and compliance requirements
- Proven writing skills and ability to produce high quality reports, strategy papers, concept notes, project proposals in English
- Excellent command of English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline