Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support the project in systematic data collection and management of up to date databases for timely and evidence based reporting, to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vision and donor standards and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Data Management:
- Carry out routine data processing and entry and assist in both quantitative and qualitative analysis & preparation of draft M&E reports that will allow for an enhanced output analysis
- Take lead in systematic data collection through assessments to assess the project outcomes and provide actionable recommendations to improve the program.
- Keenly track project progress through standardised data collection tools and methodologies
- Offer support to the project team in data management and identifying programmatic issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance the project objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines
- Ensure compliance and processing protocols in order to meet standards for quality and accuracy.
- Capture data collected to the World Vision database and share the findings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Give updates on issues related to quality and assist in implementing actions to address compromise in data quality
- Carry out Routine Field Monitoring of Project interventions and take lead in the design of data collection tools to track Project progress
2. Learning and Reporting:
- Actively participate in Quarterly Review Meeting internally and externally with relevant Stakeholders.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Bi annual and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Prepare monthly and Quarterly activity progress report and submit to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Oversee the documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports
- Take lead in the documentation of human interest and success stories to facilitate qualitative outcomes of the intervention on the benefitting communities.
- Actively participate in the compilation of the monthly Partner updates to share with the relevant stakeholders
3. Review of reports and sub-project documents:
- Keenly review all sub-project reports and ensure they have compliance with donor standard
- Providing overall guidance and support in checking quality of the project reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant employee should hold a Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development Studies or Social work and Social Administration with a post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation
- A minimum of two years’ experience in participatory, community-driven facilitation skills and experience in data management.
- Two years’ experience of working with vulnerable communities and familiarity with food distribution and rights based programs
- Excellent demonstrated M&E including situation analysis and problem definition, report writing skills and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to design/formulate monitoring tools
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 4th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline