Job Title: Collection Executive
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader Collections Unit-CB
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Collection Executive will actively monitor a CB loan portfolio of delinquent accounts by maximising cash collections and structural follow up on all loan repayments within a call centre environment to ensure optimal performance of facilities and customer retention thereby minimising accounts flow to non performing status and loss to the bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reducing/minimizing delinquent accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Ensure that payments are made as and when they fall due and chase for payments that are overdue between 0 – 89 days.
- Carry out collection calls and/or field visits.
- Develop repayment schedules with the help of the Team Leader based on customer’s financial situation and advise customers on alternative repayment options.
- Resolve and provide customer service regarding loan related matters specifically collection issues; communicate and follow up effectively with customer queries, disputes etc.
- The jobholder will also process customer instructions with set TAT guidelines.
- Issue repayment reminders and /or demand notices.
- Update and maintain customer files.
- Work in liaison with the Team Leader and recommend accounts that require tougher action.
- Enlist the support of the Team Leader or Head Special Assets Management to resolve more complicated loan matters and identify root causes of non-payment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Collection Executive career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Basic credit understanding.
- High level of customer service.
- Very good telephone techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good grammar is an added advantage.
- Result driven and good negotiation skills
- Tactful and calm
- Assertive and Organized
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s Credit including SAM policies and procedures.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in the use of Word and Excel. PowerPoint is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 24th May 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 7th June 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline