Organisation: MU-JHU Care Ltd (MUJHU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Program Director
MU-JHU Care Ltd (MUJHU) is a registered Ugandan non-governmental organization dedicated to providing services and conducting research on HIV/AIDS care and prevention related to mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
Job Summary: The Division Director - Research Quality Management takes the overall responsibility for promoting excellent data quality for all MU-JHU research studies including those sponsored by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (both HIV research networks and investigator driven R grants). The incumbent also leads a multidisciplinary division of more than 30 staff in 4 sections responsible for Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Data Management and Records Management. The jobholder will work in liaison with the section supervisors and senior research staff on a day to day basis to promote efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent also works as part of the management team to support overall organizational planning and management including human resource allocations responding to changing study workloads. S/he has specific responsibility for Quality Management Planning and troubleshooting to identify and mitigate problems resulting in delinquencies of study forms and transcription errors. Other responsibilities include oversight of the proper storage of study records and documents and maintaining and promoting effective communications and strong relationships with external partners including centralized data management operations and site monitors and the like.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold an MBChB (or equivalent medical training), Master’s Degree in Statistical Science or Data Management
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with medical research institutions; and experience in QC/QA would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in data management and or quality control/assurance is an added advantage.
- A highly motivated individual with a critical eye for detail to ensure proper research documentation and good quality.
- Knowledgeable about Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and proper documentation in research setting.
- Be a good team player
- Excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- An excellent planner and good time manager, who is able to prioritize work tasks and work under time pressure.
How to Apply:
All candidates with the relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to send a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, including daytime telephone contact wither by post or hand delivery to the following address;
The Human Resources Manager, MU-JHU Care Ltd, Upper Mulago Hill Road, P. O. Box 23491, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline