Job Title: Administrative Officer -Procurement
Organization: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Manager
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is a subsidiary of FINCA International that is based in Washington DC, USA serving nearly two million clients in 23 countries across 5 continents.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer-Procurement will be responsible for the efficient, responsive and cost-effective procurement operations of FINCA Uganda. The incumbent will support the Administrative Manager in the coordination and management of the procurement and disposal of goods, services and works. This function will support the organisation through reliable and timely support services and will maximise value and effectiveness of goods and services received by FINCA Uganda. The Administrative Officer –Procurement will plan, manage and monitor all procurements in all FINCA offices and branches. She/he will follow, promote and enhance FINCA Uganda’s Administrative Policies and Procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Purchase Planning & Support:
- Ensure a high level of customer service for internal customers, particularly in terms of reliability, communication, timeliness, efficiency and value.
- Renders support in the development and implementation of the procurement plans and strategies for the procurement and disposal of all relevant goods and services.
- Meet with department heads and other FINCA Uganda employees to discuss requirements, recommend substitutes and forecast FINCA Uganda needs.
- Develop and maintain a schedule to ensure that branches are adequately supplied with office supplies and stationery, so that they can operate effectively and provide quality customer service
- Keenly analyze requests for purchases to determine whether to approve for onward submission to the Administration Manager for competitive bids.
- Provide assistance and consultation to staff preparing requisitions for special items; prepare specifications for various goods and services.
- Coordinate delivery of requested goods or supplies.
- Process invoices and ensure timely payment of suppliers and vendors
- Prepares of monthly performance reports for Administrative Manager’s review.
- Supports the advertisement and sell of bid documents and maintains a supplier list.
- Renders support in the coordination of the process of issuing, receipt, filing and compiling tender/ procurement documents.
- Raises Local Purchase Orders and related documentation in the procurement process for approved procurements.
2. Supplier and Service Provider Relations:
- Develop and maintain a suppliers’ list for quick identification of different suppliers of categories of goods, works and services as and when the need arises.
- Maintain up to date database of preferred / pre-approved vendors, suppliers and service providers as approved by the Procurement Committee
- Contact vendors to obtain availability and product characteristic information and develop requests for quotations.
- Manage all contracts for the procurement of services with various suppliers.
- Maintain a blacklist of vendors and service providers who will not be considered for bids or orders due to significant service or quality issues, unethical practices, etc. and ensure that they do not receive business from FINCA Uganda.
3. Procurement Committee Preparation:
- Prepare documentation and bid analyses for evaluation and approval of purchases by the procurement committee.
- Evaluate vendor bid responses and compare vendor quotations with product specifications; document discrepancies.
4. Inventory Management:
- Ensure sufficient stocks of inventory are held in store to meet forecast demand.
- Establish in implement Re-Order levels for all inventory stocks held in store
- Review Bin cards on monthly basis to ensure they reflect actual stock in stores.
- Ensure stocks are arranged in orderly manner.
- Manage stationery by ensuring serial numbering is adhered to and tracked to avoid pilferage.
- Prepare and submit End of Months Reports for Administrative Manager’s review.
5. Transport Management:
- Ensure vehicles are in sound working condition at all times.
- Review vehicles and cycles mileage reports on a weekly basis and develop monthly report to address gaps.
- Review monthly fuel consumption for vehicles, motorcycles and generators to ensure proper fuel utilization.
- Review vehicle and cycle maintenance records monthly.
Key Result Areas:
- Procure assets of the institution in accordance with FINCA Uganda’s Administrative policies and procedures manual.
- Prepare and submit monthly procurement section reports for management review and decision-making in line with FINCA Uganda policies.
- Manage inventory/stationery and office supplies in accordance to FINCA Uganda policies and procedures.
- Manage transport and logistics in line with FINCA Uganda policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Administrative Assistants and Drivers (support staff) in line with the Human Resources manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Officer –Procurement vacancy should hold a University degree in procurement, commerce, business administration or related field
- Professional procurement qualification (CIPS) is mandatory
- A minimum of three years of professional experience, with at least one year of procurement or administrative management experience
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS-Office (especially Word and Excel);
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
NB: If you do not hear from us by 20th June 2016, consider your application unsuccessful
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline