Job Title: Regional Coordinator - HIWA Grant
Organisation: World Vision International
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party (HIWA) and Regional Operations Manager
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Regional Coordinator will support the Grant by providing technical leadership and managerial oversight for the HIWA project in respective regions in the assigned cluster of districts and ensure timely implementation and reporting of project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the Regional Police Departments, Wild Life Authorities, Hotels Association(s) to develop and implement HIV/AIDS and Health initiatives in the work places.
- Offer ongoing program technical support, supervision, guidance, capacity building and motivation to ensure effective performance and retention of trained project volunteers.
- In charge of building and strengthening targeted Government Ministry Partnerships and linkages with HIV/AIDS service providers in the Districts
- Build and grow networks with other service providers, both public and private, to assure functional referrals for increasing access to prevention, care, treatment and wrap-around services for public sector workers and their families.
- Identify, appraise and recommend district/regional-based service providers for partnerships during implementation specific components of the program such as HCT, VMMC and PMTCT.
- Actively monitor, supervise and provide technical assistance to partners to ensure timely realization of set targets and satisfactory resource use and accountability
- Initiate and maintain coordination and collaboration with District leaders and Technical Officers under each of the three line ministries targeted by HIWA to enhance integration of HIWA activities in the respective district plans.
- Work closely with target districts to develop and implement flexible work plans within available resources and logistics.
- Work with and support the respective HIWA Technical Specialists by organizing and executing training activities as requested this includes facilitating some of the training and follow up sessions for VMMC and PMTCT teams as well as VHTs.
- Organize feedback sessions such as district and regional stakeholders meetings with the regional and district leaders on the progress and achievements of the project.
- Follow-up, consolidate and submit all performance and financial reports from all partners and share them with the Deputy Chief of Party HIWA.
- The incumbent will also perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Regional Coordinator should hold a Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health or other relevant health or social science discipline. Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in developing and implementing HIV/AIDS programs.
- Past exposure and experience in workplace HIV/AIDS programming activities will be an added advantage.
- Past experience working with diverse partners, and coordinating their efforts to achieve target goals.
- Interested applicants must be willing to
live in Karamoja. All qualified
candidates who are working or have worked in Karamoja region before are
particularly encouraged to apply.
- A mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
NB: The position is open to Only Ugandan Nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 25th April, 2016
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline