Job Title: Service Centre Manager (3 Jobs)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Nortern, Uganda
About M-KOPA Ltd:
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 150,000 homes in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania to solar power, and is now adding over 600 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power. All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet. M-KOPA has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
Job Summary: The Service Centre Manager will mainly guarantee that the overall performance targets of the Service Centre are met both in terms of quality and quantity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and train direct Sales Representatives in line with M-KOPA business goals
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of Agents and DSRs to ensure that performance standards are met
- Resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines
- Carry out regular in-house reviews of stock status at the service center and report findings to the Regional Manager and Sales Administrator
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans to Regional Manager
- Prepare and submit prospect reports to Regional Sales Manager
- Mentor, coach and supervise the general performance of staff at the Service Center.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- At least two years’ experience in Direct Sales.
- Past experience in a busy Micro-finance environment
- Good negotiation skills and ability
- Tenacious personality
- Proven ability to drive things through to conclusion in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Customer focused.
- Good team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate a drive for results with a professional approach.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject "Service Manager" addressed to::
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 12 Eric Magala Road, Entebbe. Uganda
Deadline: 22nd May, 2016
Deadline: 22nd May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline