Job Title: Regulatory Financial Reporting Manager
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Control Manager
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Regulatory Financial Reporting Manager will support Barclays bank in the preparation of Bank of Uganda reports and handling reporting to the South African Reserve bank. The incumbent will be coordinating & reviewing all regulatory reporting from other functions like Treasury Middle Office & Operations. The incumbent also prepares all the Board packs and helps in the preparation of annual statutory financial reports. The holder of this position is also a TM1 system Administrator who will work closely with external auditors. The jobholder will prepare monthly returns to URA, NSSF or any other regulatory authority for review by Financial Control and Governance Manager. The incumbent will be tasked with confirmation of Payments to suppliers. He / she will also oversee the Account ownership and reconciliation process including training. The incumbent will manage the maintenance of the Fixed asset register and it reconciliations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Review Reconciliation of Financial Accounts:
- Keenly review reconciliation of all accounts in the finance department.
- Recommend action on any items at risk in the balance sheet.
- Collate and compile audit evidence and ensure all audit issues with regards the balance sheet have been resolved.
- Regularly review reconciliation reports from operations and rest of bank and flag any risks to Financial Controller/ CFO.
- In charge of the preparation of Regulatory Returns to Bank of Uganda and SARB.
- Preparation of Board Packs on a monthly basis
- Manage the reconciliation of accounts and resolution of audit queries
- Keenly track to ensure timely payments from the accounts payable department
- Responsible for monitoring the Fixed assets maintenance and managing the annual asset verification process
- Ensure TM1 is updated to facilitate daily reporting by various teams
- Ensure effective and excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues in the department and the bank in general
- Attend meetings with senior managers and other staff in the bank
Risk, Governance and Regulatory:
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Financial Management Control and Analysis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Regulatory Financial Reporting Manager career opportunity should hold a University degree preferably in Accounting or Finance Or full Professional qualification in Accounting such as ACCA or ACIB qualified with strong accounting background
- The applicants will also be required to build credible relation with the operators in the financial services industry in including Bank of Uganda Senior Officials and government institutions i.e. interpersonal relationship skills
- Detailed knowledge of Barclays Group Governance and Control Policies
- Extensive working knowledge of the financial reporting system.
- Detailed knowledge of the Bank’s internal control mechanism.
- Strong Computer skills in various accounting related softwares including Excel
- Broad understanding and knowledge of the local and SARB regulatory reporting requirements.
- Detailed IFRS knowledge
- Familiarity with Governance and controls
- Working knowledge of tax law and regulations
- Commercial awareness
- Proven organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th April, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline