Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Global Corporates & Financial Institutions
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Relationship Manager-Global Development Organisations for the Barclays Bank franchise will mainly do the following:
- Manage and sustain a portfolio of corporate customers under the umbrella of Global Development Organizations and or Public sector names, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary job objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution; and to grow the liability base of the Corporate bank.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Sales and Service: 60%
- Maintain Relationship Account Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Carry out annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method
- Deal with and find adequate solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
2. Product and Business Management 35%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Help in the identification of priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather and collect all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with Associate Relationship Managers (ARMs) and Corporate Credit Manager (CCM) resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
3. Staff Management 5% : Day to day coaching and development of Assistant Relationship managers (ARMs)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should preferably hold a Bachelors in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, International Business or equivalent
- Relevant and adequate experience gained in similar role and environment
- The applicant should have extensive knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of the Corporate set of products as well as a broad understanding of products available in Barclays Africa Group.
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Introduce the product and co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Possess extensive knowledge and understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- Possess a detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies.
- The job holders will be ACIB or equivalent is required
- Excellent relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills, (an added advantage especially for Public sector names)
- General Corporate skills
- Excellent communications skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 18th April, 2016