Organisation: Ministry of Internal Affairs
Project: National Security Information System (NSIS) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Data Centre Shift Supervisor
About NSIS Project:
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Internal Affairs is implementing NSIS Project. The project is crucial for the creation of a biometric National Identification Register in order to strengthen citizen identity management, national security and for social economic development of the country. The main objective of the project is to create a reliable system for then identification cards for citizens and other residents. The NSIS project has 14,662 vacancies to be filled. The Ministry of Internal Affairs would like to fill these vacancies on contract terms from four (4) to Sixteen (16) months to support the project team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Do verification of the citizenship of applicants
- Checking and ensuring the correctness of data captured
- Authenticating and Authorizing the right data for production
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law or any other related discipline.
- Computer literacy skills is a must.
- Prior working experience in registering people for National programmes.
Age limit: Not more than 35 years
How to Apply:
All applications are invited from eligible Ugandan Nationals ONLY for the mentioned vacant positions in the NSIS project. The applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Internal Affairs, P O Box 7191, Kampala, Uganda; and hand delivered to the NSIS project Offices at Kololo Ceremonial Grounds. NB: All application forms should be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.psc.go.ug. Applicants must attach copies of their academic documents and a recent passport size photograph.
Deadline: 15th December, 2013