Organisation: Stanbic Bank Uganda.
Job Summary: This position reports to the Head of PBB Credit and its main purpose is to assist business and credit with the end-to-end remedial management of enterprise wide distressed debt exposures in the Personal and Business Banking environment, both in house or under formal Business Rescue proceedings within assigned Personal-to-Holder mandates.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The jobholder’s performance will be evaluated on the following:
· Effective rehabilitation / recovery rates to help achieve the agreed credit loss ratio.
· Effective management of operational costs within budget.
· Effective management and optimization of credit capabilities across credit operations within the Unit.
· Effective management of the regulatory framework within Business Support and Recoveries, effective interface and relationships management with all relevant players with in the Business Credit / Business Support and Recoveries value chain.
· Leadership- Positive internal and external customer feedback.
· Effective processing efficiency / compliance to credit policy and risk strategies.
· Effective people management in the Unit
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as they apply to each situation such as credit applications, obtaining assistance and reporting.
· Ability to establish the risk profile of counter-party, and incorporate processes to minimize risk.
· 5 years experience in banking preferably within the credit department Risk Management or related debt recovery accreditation would be advantageous.
· Working knowledge of the core banking systems and ability to use MIS systems based on Microsoft Achieve results through enthusiasm, energy and personal commitment.
· Develop strong partnership relationships.
· Achieve co-operation through clarifying respective roles and responsibilities and operating within the mandates afforded by the roles.
· Good Communication and Negotiation skills.
How to apply:
Please send your application including cover letter and curriculum vitae to: Sbicugrecruitment@stanbic.com or Head of Human Resources 6th Floor Crested Towers, Short Tower, Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited – P.O. Box 7131, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 16th February 2013
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Attached files should not exceed 1MB Applicants not contacted within two weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful