Job Title: Retail Operations Manager
Our Client is the biggest mobile phone retailer in East Africa that is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidate for the above vacancy;
Job Summary:This is primarily an operational role, providing a support function for the GM Retail to ensure the management and growth of product sales through Company’s retail network. The position will have responsibility for managing and allocating resources of the Company retail network to the various product ‘verticals’ that fall under the ambit of the GM Retail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the overall implementation of the Retail sales strategy in conjunction with the GM Retail.
- Monitor performance for each product vertical against the annual business plan including annual / quarterly / monthly sales plan + targets.
- Play a central role in providing the GM Retail with structures and systems that ensure he has operational and financial control of the Retail Division.
- Implements sales retail and sales structures as agreed with the GM Retail
- Ensure operational and logistical support is provided for each product vertical and create a positive working relationship with regards to operational matters between the respective product Sales managers in the division.
- In conjunction with each Product Vertical Sales manager, control and equitably allocate retail resources to:
- Efficiently allocate retail space to each product vertical commensurate with revenues and margin potentials
- Ensure that staff are rightly allocated to provide retail sales functions for the respective product verticals.
- Allocate other retails overheads and resources in an equitable and fair manner to best serve the performance of the overall retail division
- Put in place systems that monitor and track the usage of such retail resources
- Efficiently manage costs of such resources across the product verticals, maximising economies of scale and avoiding duplication.
- With the assistance of Finance & Central Services, ensure that the retail network’s financial controls are in place.
· Ensure all necessary processes and procedures to manage the business are formalized and put in practice throughout the division
· Implement the necessary banking control and procedures specific to the Mobile Money business are adhered to and meet required audit standards.
· Assist Central services with all necessary additional administrative and HR functions that need to be applied or rolled out through the Retail division
· Assist with the roll-out of new retail structures for any new product / service verticals as identified by GM Retail/Board that need to be introduced into the retail division
· Implement retail support structures for the technical and product development for new services / products
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A strong operational and logistical bias combined with a mature level of commercial astuteness.
- This is aoperational position that requires an experienced person with minimum 5 years middle/high level management experience in retail / distribution business
- The candidate will require a set of key competencies in the areas of operations / logistics, retail and/or distribution, and business development
- University graduate in any discipline, preferably in administrative or business studies. A very result-oriented approach is essential.
- Pragmatic and ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to manage a complex scope of products and systems.
- Developed interpersonal skills - an extrovert personality with an ability to engage with management colleagues to achieve results
- Negotiation skills
- Positive attitude to continual change and adaption
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
· Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
· Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
· Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
· Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
· Only successful candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 23rd November, 2012