Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in Northern Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-N)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-N, Project:
The USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in Northern Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-N) is a five year project whose aim is to contribute to measurable improvements in key population-based national health indicators including maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH), HIV/AIDS, Family planning (FP), tuberculosis (TB), malaria and nutrition. The purpose of the project is to increase the effective use of sustainable health services in Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Anthropologist/ Behavior Change/ Marketing Specialist will manage the activities that address key demand side behaviors related to expanding health options. S/he will provide strategic, technical, and managerial guidance to the collaboration with the COP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage BCC strategies to increase uptake of health services
· Manage the production of relevant BCC material
· Take lead of the advocacy, communication, and marketing activities of the RHITES-N project
· Develop and manage work plans and budgets for the advocacy, communication, and marketing activities of the RHITES-N project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-N Anthropologist/ Behavior Change/ Marketing Specialist job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Anthropology, Psychology, Communication, Marketing, Business, Economics, or related field, OR a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of additional relevant experience (in addition to the below requirement of 5 years)
· At least five years of demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective demand generation or marketing solutions, preferably in Uganda;
· Previous exposure and experience working in public health a plus, but not required;
· Knowledge and implementation of behavior change theory.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, updated CV, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Manager- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline