Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence. WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager will mainly ensure strategic programme planning and quality assurance to support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER) for WaterAid Uganda. The incumbent will develop (M&E) systems within the Country Program (CP) and its partners, building their capacity in M&E, and promoting PMER. He / she will also transfer knowledge internally and externally to WaterAid Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides visible leadership for program quality across the programme, through promoting and adopting procedures and related materials to implement quality programmes, and drive increased accountability to internal and external stakeholders.
· Contributes to the development of methods, approaches, and tools for Research and
· Evaluation, and other approaches for improved accountability
· The incumbent will take lead in the adoption or development of specific planning, assessment, monitoring and evaluation and reporting tools for consistent and quality data collection, coherent with and reinforcing WaterAid guidelines for M&E and reporting.
· Coordinates reviews of country programme progressed performance on a quarterly and annual basis (including review and feedback on progress reports, key performance results, and indicators).
· Acts as the principal technical and managerial resource person in designing, development and implementation of M&E systems, approaches and tools that facilitate assessment, learning and knowledge management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the WaterAid Quality Assurance Manager career placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in M&E, MPH, Programme Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies.
· At least six years of relevant experience and four years of supervisory and programme management experience in M&E
· Strong writing skills, including experience in producing proposals, reports, and other informational documents.
· Detailed knowledge of logframe-based project design, monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and motivation letters to: WAUrecruitment@wateraid.org including three work related referees. Emails should not exceed 2MB.
NB: In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline