Job Title: Manager, Communications
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director (Chief Executive Officer)
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Manager, Communications will develop and implement communication strategies, plans, systems and evaluate the impact of plans and designs. The incumbent will provide information about MSC products &services to the public.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure proper implementation of the Communication strategy.
· Act as the MSC spokesperson with delegation from the Executive Director.
· Develop and manage media partnership particularly radios, print media, TVs to promote the image of the Company.
· Manage community relations and corporate social responsibility with focus on public and community initiatives.
· Plan, budget and report for communication functions.
· Compile corporate publications
· Manage all brand touch points and ensure feasibility and consistency.
· Ensure distribution of the company’s communication materials.
· Manage the Resource centre processes and activities
Key Result Areas:
· Communication guidelines, processes, procedures and strategies
· Corporate publications
· Management of public relations issues.
· Development of content
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Manager, Communications career placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in any of the following; Mass communication, or public relations or any other related discipline.
· Possession of a master’s degree in public relations or mass communications or related area
· Possess relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of eight years’ working experience in public relations, 03 of which should be at expert or senior level in a reputable institution.
· Highly specialised training and demonstrable expert knowledge and achievement may be considered in lieu of some years of experience.
· Good computer skills.
· Ability to manage others
· Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal relationship Skills.
· Ability to inspire, motivate and influence at all levels of partnerships.
· Ability to demonstrate assertive behavior, a creative, innovative and self-motivated person.
· Ability to demonstrate business acumen with the flexibility and creativity to achieve results, a person of Innovation and flexibility in marketing and PR
· Ability to generate new ideas, solutions and develop creative approaches.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others to be part of a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline