Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organisation: Carlcare Service Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Carlcare Service Limited was established in Hong Kong in 2009 with an aim to provide professional service support to mobile phones and other electronic consumer products, and over the years has become a leading service brand for consumer electronics in South East Asia, Middle East and Africa. Currently, Carlcare is providing full service support for TECNO and Itel, two worldwide famous mobile phone brands.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Financial Accountant will be in charge of reporting; ensure timely preparation of daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for tracking income and expenditures.
· Cost management; ensure the most efficient management of expenses and purchases.
· Tax declaration and filing; preparation and filing of statutory returns and payments (VAT, PAYE, NSSF, LST, WHT and other applicable taxes), while ensuring that there is sufficient cash to meet these statutory obligations.
· URA Payments; processing URA payments and answerable to their officials on tax inquiries.
· Financial audit; assure accuracy of supporting documentation and entries for accounts reporting
· Entry records; maintain journal entries of all transfers (cash and bank)
· Bank transactions; make necessary bank transactions in a timely and cost effective manner
· Prepare payment vouchers and cheques, ensuring they are distributed to the correct recipients.
· Resolve any discrepancies or clarification for accounting records.
· Organize and maintain accounting filing system
· Reconcile travel and activity advances
· Keenly review invoice accuracy
· Accuracy of fixed assets in the system and on ground, control of misuse, theft of Company assets, ensure optimal utilization of assets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Carlcare Service Limited Financial Accountant career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounts related course from a reputable University
· The applicant must be a Certified Public Accountant
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
· Ability to use QuickBooks and similar accounting software
· Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should deliver their applications including an updated CV, cover letter, and copies of academic qualifications to the address below:
Carlcare Service Limited,
Prism Building (Next to E-Tower), Kampala Road
6th Floor, Plot 71/73, Kampala
Or: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please clearly indicate job applied for in subject of Email)
Deadline: 20th November 2016 by 5:00 PM