Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Organization: Heifer International
Project Name: The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: EAYIP Accountant
Heifer International, an international not-for-profit organization founded in 1944 in the United States of America, works with resource constrained families in 125 countries worldwide to develop innovative solutions to the underlying causes of hunger, poverty and environmental degradation.
About EAYIP Program:
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) is a five-year program designed to motivate and engage more youth in the agricultural sector and present them with a pathway to improve their livelihoods. The program is implemented in various districts of Uganda and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Finance & Administrative Assistant will be the primary contact point to visitors, consultants, and partners. The incumbent is also responsible for the day-to-day operations providing support to the senior management team, Program Country office. The incumbent ill provide support to the project by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned. The jobholder will develop procedures which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintaining an efficient document retrieval systems/ he will also assist with financial and accounting aspects of the country program office and processing of routine financial transactions in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Heifer International Finance & Administrative Assistant career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration plus three (3) years of hands- on related experience.
· Hands-on experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) will be an added advantage.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send copies of certificates, cover letters with updated C.Vs indicating two professional referees to: The Country Director- Heifer International Uganda on P.O. Box 28491 Kampala either by hand delivery (9 am-3pm) to Plot 6 Clement Hill Road, Nakasero OR via Email to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 26th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline