Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer – Individual Lending is mainly responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients homes and business to access the credit worthiness and will manage the portfolio effectively and efficiently to ensure sustainability
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Promotion of products and origination of new clients:
· In charge of marketing of the Individual lending products
· Client mobilization and sensitization on all loan individual loan aspects
· Build and maintain portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
· Work closely with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs
Conduct loan evaluations according to policies and procedures :
· Develop an accurate evaluation of each client’s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
· Correctly complete loan application and evaluation forms;
· Arrange and undertake business site visits;
· Verify and cross-check all information relevant to the loan application and evaluation;
· Evaluate the willingness and capacity to repay of the client;
· Ensure an appropriate guarantee is in place and documented;
· Determine and present loan terms and conditions to credit committee.
Credit committee member:
· Actively participate in credit committees providing input on other members’ loan proposals;
· Prepare and present own loan proposals to credit committee.
Provide high-quality customer service:
· Build relationships with each client to support the business success and cultivate loyalty.
· Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy;
Manage and recover late repayments:
· Implement late repayment recovery procedures of UGAFODE;
· Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss;
· Regularly monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
Build community rapport:
· Build rapport with community, business associations and leaders;
· Be known and visible in the community;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the UGAFODE Credit Officer – Individual Lending jobs must hold Bachelor’s degrees in Microfinance or related field
· Two years experience in Microfinance Institution
· High level of integrity and commitment to excellence
· Good customer service and relational skills
· Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a motivation letter and an up-to-date detailed CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline