Job Title: Protocol Officer (2 Fresher Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Parliamentary Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Protocol Officer
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
· Appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
· Review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
· Provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
· Provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
· To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
· Make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Protocol Officer will primarily ensure efficient and effective organization of official business, social functions and travel logistics for Members of Parliament and staff
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan, organize and provide protocol support at all official events at Parliament.
· Update and maintain a database of all MPs and staff travel documents.
· Maintain a database of all guests (foreign and local) to Parliament.
· Update members and staff of Parliament on the latest travel information.
· Work closely with passport office for renewal of travel documents.
· Liaise with foreign missions on issuance of visas.
· Handle and manage Parliament’s study visits and guided tours.
· Handle all protocol matters of reception and seeing off of VIP’s.
· Regularly monitor diplomatic courtesies and ensure that Parliament receives a positive image
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy; Law; or Social sciences, Arts with International Relations as a subject, from a recognised University/Institution
· Excellent communication and interpersonal and diplomacy skills
· Ability to work for long hours with minimum supervision
· Knowledge of the operations in the travel industry
· Demonstrated ability diplomatically to solve impasses and remain calm in stressful situations
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to send updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating two referees; and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts. The applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission and posted to P.O. Box 7178 Kampala; or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry - Parliament Buildings, Room 112, 1st Floor, South Wing; Parliament of Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 2nd December, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline