Job Title: Adolescent Health Care Program Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Adolescent Health Care Program Officer will coordinate the implementation of adolescent friendly services at USAID/SUSTAIN supported
· Plan, organise and coordinate implementation of mentorship & coaching for supported facilities.
· Work with other SUSTAIN technical teams to guide facility teams to provide implementation of quality adolescent friendly services
· Work with SUSTAIN technical teams to provide guidance and oversight to establishment of adolescent friendly service areas at supported support and additional six( 6) facilities including development of SOPS to guide and focus implementation.
· Provide ongoing coaching and mentorship support to facility teams for quality implementation of adolescent health care package.
· Work with facility teams to document success stories on adolescent health care
· Participate in a rapid adolescent assessment exercise. Produce a report to guide implementation
· Plan and conduct central learning sessions for facilities
· Plan for roll out of the change package at all supported facilities
· Compile activity and periodic reports
· Participate in any other activity as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID SUSTAIN Adolescent Health Care Program Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in social work and social development, clinical psychology, Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing or related field, training in HIV counselling with a bias in paediatrics and adolescents.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services including HIV care counselling for adolescents
· Previous experience in providing services to adolescents and working with Public Health systems in Uganda
· Working technical knowledge of SRH for adolescents including HIV and AIDS
· Current trends in HIV and AIDS prevention, counselling and SHR among adolescents
· Systems approach to providing comprehensive care services to adolescents at facility level
· Knowledge and skills in training, coaching and mentorship support including report writing
· Good interpersonal, integrity and communication skills
· High level skills of planning, collaboration and coordination with different stakeholders.
· Computer skills and quality improvement approaches knowledge and skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 at 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline