Job Title: Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist focuses on project knowledge management, learning, and project documentation. The incumbent will be responsible for communication and documentation for the project, with the overall aim of conveying accurate and timely information about project work to various project audiences; including USAID, the Ministry of Health, health unit management and staff, health care service beneficiaries, and the general public.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will identify and document project activities and achievements. Promote project successes and lessons learned utilizing a variety of communication channels.
· Work closely with research and M&E teams, technical teams and partners, communities and project beneficiaries to identify and document best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
· Work in close cooperation with all project teams, develop a system to plan and track the progress of deliverables.
· Design and maintain a life-of-project inventory of all technical reports and products, including electronic and hard copies, and distribution list.
· Manage and track routine reporting processes for the project, including working with teams to collect required data, compile, finalize, and ensure quality of report.
· Provide technical writing and editorial support to major project deliverables.
· Provide desktop publication support to project deliverables and dissemination products.
· Take lead in documentation and communication activities, including quarterly and annual program reviews, assuring results-oriented, reader-friendly reports.
· Assure timeliness and high quality of all project products, deliverables and achievements.
· Write, edit, and, at times, oversee the design of project materials, including project reports, success stories, monthly update articles, and blog posts
· Work closely with URC headquarters in the United States to develop and maintain project documentation
· Identify topics for documentation, collect information through interviews and on-the-ground research and observation, and determine appropriate mediums for documentation and dissemination
· Ensure that project print and online materials are consistent with donor branding guidelines
· Manage the content on the project webpage: develop and review the content, assist in the identification of relevant topic areas, and collect and disseminate best practices
· Monitor relevant media coverage, take photos and video, and maintain a photo and video library and supporting photo/video release documentation
· Provide support to the COP when needed, including handling communication to supported hospitals, MOH , Partners and presenting project work at high-level meetings and conferences
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in relevant field in public health
· At least six years’ work experience, two years of experience in international development projects; preferably in the health sector; experience with USAID-funded projects an advantage
· Demonstrated experience in knowledge management, including the ability to identify and document project activities and achievements, best practices, success stories, and lessons learned
· Proven ability to communicate information to stakeholders at all levels using a variety of communications approaches
· Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce written products and media, adhering to deadlines, and short turn-around times.
· Excellent writing and editing skills required
· Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and mentoring skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline