Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Safety Nets and Resilience
Position Grade: NOB
Reference Number: 16-0022029
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Policy Officer (Engineering Advisor – SNR) will support the UN WFP in construction projects of the Food For Asset menu of activities in order to ensure creation of technically sound and effective water assets during the bridge period, across all implementing partners and regions. The incumbent will be required to monitor on a quarterly basis project sites in all the four districts of Karamonja , collaborating closely with the NGO partner staff and district officials
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will enhance WFP’s efforts to standardize assets in terms of design and quality (aligning to the National Labour-Intensive Public Works Guidelines’ Infotechs).
· Assist WFP to create cost – efficient and sustainable water projects able to meet the water requirements of the communities they serve with fully functional safety features and evaporation control measures in line with LBPW.
· Take part in joint field monitoring missions together with WFP field offices, districts, and NGO partners in assessment of activities;
· Prepare and submit technical reports to the head of Safety Nets and Resilience unit and area region Coordinator.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Programme Policy Officer (Engineering Advisor – SNR) job opportunity should hold an Advanced University degree in civil engineering, water engineering or related field obtained from a recognized institution Or first University degree in civil engineering, water engineering with additional years of related work experience;
· A minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in designing and constructing labour based water projects gained from a reputable organizations;
· Previous experience working on water projects in the Karamoja region;
· Excellent reporting and writing skills;
· Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Ms Office.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 6th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline