Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Organisation: Africa Humanitarian Action (AHA)
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Medical Officer
Africa Humanitarian Action (AHA) is a non-governmental non- profit making organization that provides health services to refugees on behalf of UNHCR. Our mission is to respond to crises and disasters in Africa; to enhance communities at risk, so they can solve their concerns themselves.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will primarily manage the quality preparation, safe storage and rational use of medicines and health supplies in the areas of operation by AHA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of planning and budgeting for pharmacy activities;
· Providing professional advice and support on all issues of pharmaceutical management.
· In charge of requisitioning for pharmaceutical needs;
· Preparing quality compounded medicines and infusions;
· Producing accountability for financial and other resources;
· Dispensing prescription and medications;
· Providing advice to clinicians and other health professionals on prescriptions;
· Providing advice to patients and communities on proper use and storage of medicines;
· Ensuring proper storage of medicines in the facilities;
· In charge of monitoring and maintaining adequate medicines supplies levels.
· Preparing and submitting periodic reports.
· Supervising and appraising staff;
· Professional and service codes of codes of conduct and ethics enforced
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The jobholder should preferably hold a Diploma in pharmacy or its equivalent from a recognized institution
· Must be registered and licensed with the pharmacy council.
· Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
· Good records and information management skills
· Excellent project management skills
· Results oriented;
· High degree of ethics and integrity
· Concern for quality and standard;
· Team building.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to the Coordinator Health and Nutrition, Africa Humanitarian Action via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to the physical office in Kyaka II refugee settlement.
Deadline: 1oth October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline